See all the hCG interview episodes
These are in-depth conversations one-on-one with hCG ladies where you get to hear their whole weight loss story and the tips that helped them succeed.
Read short written hCG testimonials
These are short testimonials of ladies who’ve written in their hCG diet results to me for quick motivation.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/hcgchica/hcg-diet-interviews-episode-23.mp3″ title=”hCG Diet Interviews – Episode 23 ” artist=”HCGCHICA” ]
Kimberly and I had such a great time discussing her hCG experience.
Here’s her basic stats:
- Height: 5’9″
- Size change pre hCG: Size 26
- Size change after hCG diet: Size 12
- Inch loss from her waist alone: 20″ – Did you catch that? That’s twenty inches. Wow.
The personal journey of Kimberly on the hCG Diet Protocol – as told by Kimberly
This is my personal experience and I just happened to be a nurse. As a nurse, I am not diagnosing or giving advice. I am simply sharing my private life, away from nursing.
HCG my story, as a child I was very athletic and active but at the same time I seem to be 20 lbs over weight. Before puberty I was called chubby and in my teens I was that girl who would be cute if she would just loose 20 lbs. As an adult, I slowly gained ten pounds here and there until in my late 20’s I was almost 300 lbs. I am 5 foot 9 inches and I did have a bone scan to reveal I am medium bone density.
Before finding HCG, I did go to a private consult with a physician who performs lap-ban surgery and he rejected me saying that I would starve to death with the procedure due to my metabolism. I was showing signs of a diabetic (insulin resistance). He did say the best number for me to achieve on the scale was around 175lbs, even with bariatric surgery. I was of course disappointed and a year later I found the Atkins diet, my husband did great on the diet, but I was unable to loose beyond the first 30 lbs. I was practically starving myself and still, just stall after stall. So for me the Atkins diet only made me loose 30 lbs, period.
I am 31 and its early winter, I was diagnosed with a life threatening tumor the size of girl’s soft ball surrounding my pancreas. I was given 6 weeks to live, (long story-shortened) I recovered and have been tumor free for 13 yrs now. Back to my overweight. I am in my early 30’s with only 40% of a pancreas which takes a year to recover from, during that year due to the extent of the procedure I can only eat “slip foods” (starchy soft food like oatmeal and rice etc., mainly mushy high sugar foods almost like what an infant would eat) So of course my weight is now again almost 300lbs. I go this way for a couple of years, and then I find my cure. HCG.
1. My first protocol with HCG, I did read Dr. Simeons book on hCG, Pounds and Inches, and I had to secretly order my HCG from an India pharmacy. I only do the injections of real HCG. (For current options where you can purchase hCG Injections online, go here).
2. My first round of HCG was very emotional, I had to deal with all of my eating disorders to achieve success and the weight melting off was a great reward for having the courage to deal with my emotional baggage. All over weight people have meaning behind food, it serves them some way beyond nutritional building blocks for the body
3. I had to give up using Splenda, it has dextrose from corn syrup as a de-clumping agent and is an insulin trigger and it is just shy of one complete carb per packet, as a nurse, I have to say that 1 cup of Splenda is 24 (real) carbs for my diabetics that I monitor their nutrition. I of course like all dieters was using this stuff by the cups for cooking/baking when it was introduced.
4. I had to permanently clean out my kitchen, and for me, I knew I could never return to my old way of eating after the HCG protocols, even on super maintenance, I have to be very strict.
5. I finished a 4 week round, and I was hungry half of every day, but I have been hungry most of my life. Yes, I read your post on adjusting hcg dose, ect. It was a good post!
6. I do load clean, no carbs on HCG injection loading days
7. On maintenance, I was not able to maintain my weight loss if I ate coconut oil. I have no idea why. Avocados are a huge no-no for me, they are high on the “insulin response chart” So yes they are low to moderate glycemic, but after digestive enzymes attach to avocados they make a high insulin response, they made me gain weight really fast, so none for me.
8. Over several years of HCG, remember it was hard to get your hands on HCG 6 yrs ago, and it was costly so I had to budget it out. I lost almost all of my un-needed pounds, resulting in going from a plus size 26 to an average miss size 12. Thanks to you, I can now order it in USA and hope to get down to a size 8 in the next two years. I lost almost 20 inches alone from the circumference around my body an inch above my belly button.
9. To help me keep my food choices under control I do follow the Dukan Diet 100 food list, except now I also avoid dairy and all soy (soy hates me, LOL) along with night shade vegetables, (tomato, eggplant, and peppers) due to leaky gut syndrome which causes cardio vascular disease.
10. The following is now the really good stuff, my tips for HCG and some things I have noticed. Ketosis state really does make you notice food more than normal. I notice when I am on a low calorie diet I see food packages more vibrant and can smell like a hound dog. It is a normal response from your body to help you find food.
11. For me I only eat meat on the injection part of HCG, it’s a personal choice, I am just a meat eater and the veggies to me personally, are wasted calories.
12. I do make myself wait at least 16 hours before consuming calories even on injection days, it’s part of my insulin resistance program of intermittent fasting.
13. Ketosis does mess with melatonin uptake, your body thinks you need to be alert to find food, so yes it does cause insomnia, I take 5 mg of melatonin from Swansonvitamins.com
14. Yes, I take a boat load of electrolyte vitamins, due to no veggies ect. Swansonvitamins.com
15. Mustard is my best friend, I use it on almost everything, and also the mustard dry spice
16. Side effect of mustard is it is high in vinegar, and vinegar makes a large majority of people over spill potassium, I am one of them so I have to take a lot of potassium supplements to avoid leg cramps
17. To avoid extra calories, I use the cartoon of egg whites to make all kinds of omelets, I enjoy the dill weed (looks like chopped up grass) as a spice on eggs, found on bake and spice isle
18. Swansonvitamins.com has gum that is birch wood xylitol all other xylitol is from GMO corn, I use this to help sometimes when I just simply need to chew, crazy sounding I know but sometimes I just simply miss the act of chewing and will also chew on a plastic straw, I will chew that sucker to pieces! I have cold sensitive teeth, but my husband he is an ice chewer
19. One tip is to get a blender like what you have or mine, I have the ninja blender and it makes ice into almost a powder, I will brew a strong cup of herbal tea say like blueberry and chill it overnight and make a slushy with it. Ice-herbal tea-stevia= sweet heaven no calories.
20. I use the stevia extract packets with zero calories with erythritol
21. Slushy’s are our answer to everything, need a dessert after your last meal, got a sweet tooth, want something but not really hungry, every single time the answer for us is Slushy.
22. We also use essential oils such as lemon and orange oil just 3 drops makes a 16 oz slushy
23. My theory on the inches lost part of Dr Simon’s book pounds and inches, I call it “my donut” As a nurse I have worked as a hospice nurse and as a Medicaid nursing home nurse in both I have seen people of all walks of life lose weight intentionally and due to end of life. One common factor they all had was a “donut.” We have two types of fat, white and brown. The white is the fast easy weight that any diet will make you lose around 30lbs., but then we have the brown fat that is wrapped around our organs and internal parts. This is where enlarged hearts and the term fatty liver comes from. Have you heard the term “baby fat” it is the extra pounds that females carry to help them when pregnant, it is always around the lower stomach, thighs and butt. This is the easy white ready to shed 30lbs that anyone can lose. On HCG we lose that white fat easy and fast, so then our body has to mobilize and change brown fat into more “baby fat” this is what I call a “donut” you will notice it is around an inch thick and it will be a large circle around your belly button, (I will show where in the video) so you will not see a change on the scale but you will lose inches around your body but now your pants seem tight due to the new storage of white fat around your belly button. I will be able to explain this easily with being able to point to my body, my co-worker a nurse practitioner who also uses HCG agreed with my theory of white and brown fat mobilization.
24. Tip when cooking on HCG go to Target and get a microwave steamer, I will show mine in the video, it is amazing who wants to cook when you can only have 500 calories, this does the cooking for you
25. I buy turkey 99% fat free and steam it into four meatballs each around 100 calories each
26. Buy a full length mirror, mine is from Walmart it is an over the door full length mirror, it helps me stay accountable during the maintenance part
27. You must a positive body image to be forever successful, there is no buts to this, its mandatory
28. I do recommend meditation, I use Kelly Howell owner of brain sync she is amazing I have used her meditations for a decade, it got me through my tumor healing, she has a subliminal guided meditation for weight loss, I highly recommend it, many of her meditations are on youtube, to get a free sample
29. Last but not least, is your emotional state. Why are you wanting to shed weight? If the reason isn’t for yourself you will fail and HCG is not a hormone you can play around with, it is a very serious when changing your body chemistry, it can be an amazing change, if it is honored! I can’t stress enough how cheating on HCG is not like any other diet when it comes to cheating. You cheat, you are not only letting yourself down, and you are messing up your body chemistry. I know, I totally screwed up my second ever protocol.
Download Episode 23 Transcript – PDF[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/hcgchica/hcg-diet-interviews-episode-23.mp3″ title=”hCG Diet Interviews Episode 23 – 20 Inches Gone From Kimberly’s Waist” artist=”HCGCHICA” ]
37,000+ hCGers Join
how-to's | interviews | pep talksYup, I want this!
Kimberly Oliver says
Hello Katie, thank you for watching our interview. Razel did an awesome job in editing. Today is the last week of July 2015. I have been able to maintain my weight loss from my last round that I refer to in this video. Due to my person metabolism and my past medical history, it has been very difficult to eat beyond the P3 food list. As said before, I do a HCG round yearly as a “health -tune-up.” Currently, I am about 20 pounds from what a BMI chart recommends; ironically, I am only 10 pounds more than my doctor wants for me. Doctor vs BMI = go figure ( sometimes we just have to laugh at it all) ) HCGChica (Razel) has a book on HCG, and I too have multiple books on the diabetic aspect of staying fit, both can be found on Amazon.com Currently, I am only a few years from menopause, I need to be as fit and lean as possible prior to this stage in my life in order to maintain an active lifestyle as I glide into my 50’s. Normally, I do my HCG round right after school starts back up around late August, but my schedule is packed with out of town- over night work events this year at that time. My second favorite time to do a 3 week injection is in Jan. I time mine with my TOM for the 28 day cycle that is right after Christmas. Fingers crossed I will be working from home that month. As for my “dress size” I am still able to comfortably (room to eat and move) wear a modern slim cut adult (not juniors) women size large with a 32 inch waist. I am 5’9″ age 47. Katie, I hope this helped with an update. Thank you so much for your time to post. Sincerely Kimberly F Oliver
Hey @Kimberly Oliver – thanks so much for taking the time to give us an update! – Rayzel