Hello lovely hCGers. This interview is part of what is now a plethora of weight loss success stories with real everyday women (and men! There’s a few dude interviews in there) who have used either hCG injections or drops with the hCG diet protocol to lose between 20 and 150 lbs.
See all the hCG interview episodes
These are in-depth conversations one-on-one with hCG ladies where you get to hear their whole weight loss story and the tips that helped them succeed.
Read short written hCG testimonials
These are short testimonials of ladies who’ve written in their hCG diet results to me for quick motivation.
Kathy’s Basic Stats:
- Starting Weight: 163
- Current Weight: 149
- She did 7 rounds of hCG and wasn’t able to maintain on P3. This is the first time she was able to maintain with the help of P3tolife Program
- She has food sensitivities to gluten and dairy.
- hCGChica’s Phase 3 to Life Program – you can enroll anytime, but I recommend at least a week BEFORE P3 starts if at all possible so you have time to familiarize yourself with the program and plan ahead.
- Restore 4 Life – is a gut-strengthening, brain-boosting mineral supplement sourced from 60-million-year-old soil that naturally supports your microbiome and defends against toxins such as glyphosate. It goes beyond the scope of probiotics to support gut health, mental clarity, and immune function. It contains purified water, Terrahydrite (Aqueous humic substances), and less than 1% mineral amino acid complexes.
- Me 2 U Fused Glass – Kathy is a fused glass artist so check that out here
- B12 Shots – Kathy had more energy this round with using this. She used this on Phase 2 and continued using it on Phase 3.
- Vitamix Payment Plans
- Read Robin Woodall’s book Weight Loss Apocalypse
- Ketogenic Diet – She tried this diet and she used a tracker and staying in 20-25 net carbs per day. She felt really, really tired on this diet and frustrated because she’s not losing weight and not feeling good.
- P2 Salad Recipe: Celery, chicken, fresh cilantro, apple, little bit of stevia and lemon juice.
- Grilled turbot fish for P2 – this is so good, without adding butter it tastes like buttered fish.
Kathy’s Experience with:
THE P3TOLIFE PROGRAM DURING PHASE 3 OF THE HCG PROTOCOL
What were your biggest concerns when contemplating going into P3?
MAINTAINING!!! Since I have done the HCG diet 6 -7 times already and gained all the weight back each time, maintenance was very much on my mind.
If you were to explain to an hCGer in just a few sentences why the P3 program has been valuable to you, what would you tell them? What did the P3 program provide to you that you feel like you didn’t have before without it in past Phase 3s?
STRUCTURE. Knowing what to eat and HOW MUCH to eat.
How did you end up following the program – did you do the original plan, the simplified, or build your own meal plan or just tweaks to one of these? Can you give a few details of how you utilized the program and tailored it to yourself and your circumstances?
I started P3 on the first day of a 13 day trip to the mountains of Colorado where we would be on trails all day with no access to food (other than what I brought).
But I did some pre-planning and cooked quite a few of the items beforehand, packing them in Tupperware in our ice chest.
Our hotel room had a fridge and microwave, so that made it easier in the mornings and evenings.
But about day 4 or 5 I ran out of food. Since I had done P3 before, I knew just to try to eat protein and veggies with a little fruit. I had also brought my Bullet blender and protein powder for protein drinks and your fruit based smoothies AND I brought my scale with me.
I was so happy that I only varied 1-1.5 lbs during the whole trip!
Did you have to do any correction days during P3 this time and if so, what do you think was the cause and how did your correction day(s) go?
NO CORRECTION DAYS FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME, EVER! YAY!
Can you share your tangible results from following the P3tolife program? – how your weight has been, while following the P3 program?
Started at 163 and ended up at 149.6.
I have fluctuated between 148.2 and 150.6
How did you feel about the portion sizes & taste of the P3 meals? Did the portions and taste of the food make any difference in how you felt about eating/relationship with food while on p3? If you still felt hungry, how did you adapt it to add calories?
Tons of flavor in the P3tolife recipes! I am a pretty good cook and used to cook a lot, but since trying to go dairy, gluten and grain-free, I had all but stopped cooking.
This certainly required getting back in the kitchen, but I tried to spend a couple of hours on Sunday cooking the majority of the weeks meals.
I did feel hungry a few times, but would augment with sunflower seeds, a bite of almond butter or coconut butter, mostly healthy fat items.
Can you share a little about your personal life- ie work full time/part time, kids or hubby or school? Would love to hear how you made the logistics work of cooking the program with whatever time constraints you deal with. How did you manage to fit in preparing the meals with your schedule each week?
I am married and own my own business (fused glass artist). So I certainly wear a lot of hats, lol.
My husband chose NOT to eat these meals with me, so I was just cooking for me. I cooked once or twice a week, making several meals at one time.
Have you struggled on past p3’s and if so what were your struggles? Did the P3 program help address these struggles/how so?
OMG – see above!
Were there any positive results from following the plan that surprised you, that you weren’t expecting? Have you learned anything new from the program?
That I can take in more calories per day than I thought and still maintain.
What were one or two of your favorite recipes in the plan?
The Indian Chicken Curry, any of the mug breads, the smoothies, Pad Thai, Mahi Mahi with Tapenade, CHILI LIME SHRIMP AND SNAP PEAS – YUM!
Any other closing thoughts that you want to share about your experience with the program, or that might help others considering whether or not to give it a try?
As someone who has tried, again and again, to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF, but never being able to do that – I can’t recommend your graduated eating plan enough.
What type of hCG did you use?
That’s a wrap ladies! If you would like to get the deets on the P3toLife program and consider enrolling you can do that here:
37,000+ hCGers Join
how-to's | interviews | pep talksYup, I want this!