Hello lovely hCGers. This interview is part of what is now a plethora of weight loss success stories with real everyday women (and men! There’s a few dude interviews in there) who have used either hCG injections or drops with the hCG diet protocol to lose between 20 and 150 lbs. You can see the current episodes available here.
See all the hCG interview episodes
These are in-depth conversations one-on-one with hCG ladies where you get to hear their whole weight loss story and the tips that helped them succeed.
Read short written hCG testimonials
These are short testimonials of ladies who’ve written in their hCG diet results to me for quick motivation.
TERESA’S BASIC STATS:
- Age: 58 years old
- Height: 5’3”
- Started at 225.8 lbs
- Ending weight 194.2 lbs
- Current weight: 191.5 lbs
- Clothing size went from a 24/22 to 18/16.
- Health Conditions: 6 years post-menopause. No other current medical condition but she had back, knee, foot problems, with type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea before starting hCG.
SHOW NOTE LINKS:
- Length of Time on hCG
- hCGChica’s Phase 3 to Life Program – you can enroll anytime, but I recommend at least a week BEFORE P3 starts if at all possible so you have time to familiarize yourself with the program and plan ahead.
- Rayzel’s Phase 2 Workbook
Teresa’s hCG Weight Loss Story in Her Words:
Basics: (age, height, menopause? any medical details you feel are important- ie thyroid etc).
58, 5’3”, 6 years post-menopause, used to have back, knee, foot problems, with type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea
How much weight you’ve lost with hCG/starting weight/ending weight/ clothing size change. How many rounds did you do, how long was each round? stuff like that.
**All Rounds in 2015 & 2016 using homeopathic drops
- 1st rd hCG 5/2015, starting weight 212.7, ending weight 182.5 size 22/24 to 16, 42 day round
- 2nd rd hCG 7/2015, starting weight 183.4, ending weight 170.4, not much size change, 21 day round
- 3rd rd hCG 9/2015, starting weight 179.5, ending weight 165.8, down to 16/14, 21 day round, I should’ve stopped here
- 4th rd hCG 11/2015, starting weight 174.4 no ending weight gave up on the round, 21 day round
- 5th rd hCG 1/2016, starting weight 189.7, ending weight 183.1, didn’t finish the round, 21 day round
- 6th rd hCG 2/2016, starting weight 187, ending weight 183.2, gave up again, 21 day round, bad pattern forming
- 7th rd hCG 3/2016, starting weight 189.3, ending weight 188.6, not doing good, 21 day round
- 8th rd hCG 5/2016, starting weight 187.4, ending weight 176.4, yay finished this round, 21 day round
- 9th rd hCG 7/2016, starting weight 187, ending weight 181.8, finished the round, 21 day round
- 10th rd hCG 9/2016, starting weight 187.8 didn’t finish the round
- 11th rd hCG 10/2016, starting weight 191.6, ending weight higher than starting weight
2017 hCG Injections
- 1st rd hCG 1/2017, starting weight 225.8, ending weight 194.2, starting size 24/22, ending size 18/16, 42 day round. Currently, still in P3 with 6 more days to go, current weight is 191.5
Note: I should have never had done any rounds in 2016, I wasn’t mentally prepared for it.
How long have you currently been maintaining (or where are you currently at in your hCG journey)?
For me this, I consider this year to be my first year doing hCG since I just starting doing injections. I still have at least 1 more round to go.
Tell us how you came to be overweight and your struggles with that?
I was always overweight even as a child and of course, it didn’t help growing up Italian and eating lots of pasta! Seriously, I was the kid that never liked vegetables had to sit at the table till I finished them or more like choked them down.
Oh yeah and it didn’t help that I had a sweet tooth, well actually I still do. Before I knew it I was in my mid 40’s and my weight was at its highest 275 lbs.
I couldn’t stand for more than 5 minutes as my feet, knees and back would be hurting me. I ended up at the doctor with a pinched nerve which led to an MRI of my back. The bad news was, I had the back of an 80-year-old woman, wow that was a wakeup call. I needed back surgery as the weight was compressing the L3/L4, L4/L5 vibrates.
I tried herbal remedies, massage therapy, and needle therapy, nothing worked. I didn’t want to back surgery in my 40’s that was an old person surgery. I also had type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea (all weight related).
So I had to do something and opted for the lap band at the time, 12 years ago. After having the surgery I lost more than 100 lbs. but ended up with complications and everything had to be removed.
Now my worst fear came true; I started putting weight back on, it never reached 275 lbs. it came close. My sleep apnea, diabetes, and severe back pain all returned, forcing me to have back surgery. I knew I had to find something else before things were got out of control again.
What type of hCG did you use? If injections or prescription drops, what dose worked best for you?
Rounds 1-11 homeopathic drops
2017 1st round prescription injections at a dose of 175iu
What would you say your experience was the first week on phase 2? Easy or hard? explain. Could also discuss how you loaded if you like. What parts of the protocol were easier for you and which parts were more challenging? How did you handle the challenging aspects?
All my failed rounds were very difficult because of not getting the proper dose of hCG. I always had cravings during P2 for chocolate and carbs.
Using the injections, no cravings for nothing, I didn’t even eat a breadstick during P2.
When I loaded on all rounds I mixed it up, with good and bad stuff. Candy, fish oil pills, avocados, cream cheese, chili, peanut butter, croissants, hamburgers from fast foods restaurants, milkshakes, butter on everything. bacon, lots of bacon, guacamole and chips, cheese, sausage, bagels, cheesecake, white rice and nuts.
What did you find yourself liking to eat during Phase 2/vlcd – how would you prepare your meals?
Grilled chicken over salad and sloppy joe recipe over salad. Usually, all cooked in advanced, portioned out and frozen.
What tricks do you have up your sleeve to stay sane while on Phase 2?
I really didn’t need any tricks this time, but I’ll see how the next round goes.
What Lessons have you learned during Phase 3 – give us the good and the bad! What types of things did you discover when it came to maintenance that did and didn’t work?
P3 is all about listening to what your body is telling you because it will tell what it can and can’t handle.
I’m not going to say that I haven’t cheated on my P3 because I have, but to correct it I eat what I should for the next few days and my weight will be right back where it should be, here’s the big BUT If you stabilized properly at the beginning of P3.
At some point, I just said I have to test the waters and see what happens and it has all worked out so far. One thing, I did learn during P3 you have to know your limitations, don’t overdo it.
Do you have any memories of your life/body pre hCG that are totally different for you now?
Yes, I couldn’t stand more than 5 minutes without pain and I had a difficult time finding clothes anywhere. I no longer have type 2 diabetes, back pain, knee pain or sleep apnea. I’m able to stand for any length of time with severe pain everywhere. It so much easier to walk without the extra weight and breathe without getting winded.
When you want a treat now, give us a couple examples of what you might eat? Also, are you ever able to indulge in a regular treat, like cake at a party, and still maintain?
I found that having a sugar free candy once in while helps me, only during P3. I also had a birthday during P3 and waited until I was 2+ weeks into P3 go to dinner. I splurged with a fish dinner, 3 bites of baked potato, salad, a glass of wine and a slice of cake, an increase of 0.9. Within 2 days I was right back to my reset weight.
What factors have you noticed to play a role in people NOT succeeding on hCG?
Make sure that you’re mentally and physically prepared for the journey.
What do you feel are the most important keys to success on the hcg protocol? If someone said they want to have the same results you have, what would you tell them?
The most important keys to success are talk with as many people as you can who’ve had success with the protocol, gather all the information you can and make an informed decision for healthier you.
My results compared to anyone else would not be the same. The reason is, we all have different chemistry and that chemistry makes me who I am and you who you. No two people are exactly alike, so your results will not be the same as mine.
Teresa’s Experience with:
THE P3TOLIFE PROGRAM DURING PHASE 3 OF THE HCG PROTOCOL
If you were to explain to an hCGer in just a few sentences why the P3 program has been valuable to you, what would you tell them?
P3 is a time to really to get to know how your body will react to different types of food such things that make you gain or you stabilize well during this time. Without P3 your body will never stabilize correctly and the weight you’ve just lost will return and/or you will fall back into your old ways. P3, I feel is a very important part of the process.
What did the P3 program provide to you that you feel like you didn’t have before without in on past Phase 3s?
The P3 program has shown me approximately how many calories, fat, and carbohydrates I should be eating during this phase.
My previous P3 rounds I didn’t have a clue what I should or shouldn’t be eating as there were just too many choices to make after having such a structured P2.
How did you end up following the program – did you do the original plan, the simplified, or build your own meal plan or just tweaks to one of these? Can you give a few details of how you utilized the program and tailored it to yourself and your circumstances?
The 1st week of P3 I keep everything very simple because my P3 was for 34 days.
1st-week breakfast consist of 2 eggs scrambled with very little milk and a small amount of bar cheddar cheese graded. Lunch and dinner consisted of P2 dinners only increasing the protein and vegetables. For all days in P3 I increased the fruit 4 times a day using only berry type fruits.
Week 2, I used the Build Your Own Meal Plan, because I had so many failed P3 rounds this is the way I did it:
- Day 1 – Bacony Egg Cups, lunch, and dinner would a P2 meal with more protein
- Day 2 – No weight gain, Bacony Egg Cups, new lunch item, dinner would be a P2 meal with more protein
- Day 3 – Only slight weight gain, check to make sure I followed the recipe correctly, did I eat anything I wasn’t supposed to, could just be didn’t use the facilities, make a note for this recipe to try again later in the P3.
- New breakfast item, P2 lunch with more protein, new dinner item.
- Day 4 – No weight gain, same breakfast item day 3, lunch was dinner item from day 3, new dinner item.
- Day 5 – No weight gain, Bacony Egg Cups, lunch was dinner item from day 4, new dinner item
Can you share your results – how your weight has been while following the P3 program?
This is the 1st round of P3 that my weight has stabilized so quickly and stayed on track. The only weight fluctuations I have seen is when I indulged a little too much, but even then eating properly for just 2 days my weight came right back to where it should.
Have you struggled on past p3’s and if so what were your struggles?
Oh yes, I never felt satisfied with any of the meals that I was eating in P3. I was all over the place with my weight and having to do steak days.
Were there any positive results from following the plan that surprised you, that you weren’t expecting? Have you learned anything new from the program?
Yes, definitely how fast I was able to stabilize and I haven’t had to do ONE steak day!
What I’ve learned is that you can eat a lot of good food and a variety of food.
What were one or two of your favorite recipes in the plan?
- Bacony Egg Cups
- Rosemary Butternut Squash, Garlic Herb Pork Chops & Zoodles
You can sign up for the P3tolife program at any time, but I usually recommend at least 1 week in advance so that you have time to go over the materials and get yourself prepped.
Want Support? Motivation?
29,000+ hCGers Join