I’ve cut this up into several mini-topics regarding pellets – I have the entire full length video above, but the video is also clipped into snippets below per mini-topic. Enjoy!
This discussion is about PRESCRIPTION RX hCG Diet Pellets – these pellets contain 500iu of the real actual hCG hormone – so just to clarify, this is not about homeopathic hCG pellets. Lastly, you do NOT need a prior prescription to get these tablets – why? Because the online companies who have them engage their OWN medical staff who will prescribe you your hCG pellets. If you simply want to know where to buy hCG pellets online, without having a prior prescription from your primary Doc, you can do this with either of these two companies:
With Diet Doc, they also have an add-on option to your program for Lipotropic/MIC tablets – this can enhance results in various ways – read more about Lipo here. Additionally, their tablets are a larger size that is better for splitting IF you find yourself needing to change your hCG dosage for better hunger management – more on that in a bit if you’re interested. And even though there is a coupon below with Nu Image, Diet Doc’s regular price is the same as the discounted Nu Image price, so unless you want to quibble over like 2 dollars, pricing is the same.
With Nu Image, you get $50 off your pellets order, just by going through that special link, and their pellets come with B12 in them for free. They also have a lipo/mic product in capsule form instead of injection you can add to your program during hCG, or during Phase 3, which many Nu Image patients do – that is called “Ultraburn”.
Additionally, there’s a number of terms used for this form of hCG and they’re all the same thing – they are:
- HCG diet troches
- HCG pellets
- HCG tablets
- HCG pills
They are basically all the same thing, BUT depending on where you purchase them from, will be various physical sizes (and maybe taste different).
The main difference to note is that when perusing this form of hCG to buy online, both homeopathic and prescription hormone hCG may be used with these same terms. So just be sure you know what KIND of hCG you are buying before you press “buy.” A little tip is that anything under $150 is homeopathic hCG. Real hCG hormone requires a medical staff to prescribe it and special compounding in a pharmacy – thus the higher cost.
This article uses all 4 of these terms interchangeably, but is specifically referring to prescription real hormone hCG tablets specifically not homeopathic.
Just click a topic to go directly there!
- What are prescription hCG pellets?
- Where to buy hCG pellets
- Adding Lipo or MIC caps/pills to your hCG program
- Main reasons hCG Pellets might be a good choice
- Who will most likely do well (not have hunger issues) with hCG tablets
- Who WILL more likely have hunger problems with hCG tablets/pellets
- My personal opinion on what type of hCG is best to use (cuz it’s my blog) ;)-
- hCG pellets instructions – how to take them properly
- Storage of hCG Pellets
- Dosing of hCG tablets
- Size/dosage of hCG pellets (500iu for prescription hCG)
- How Dosing with hCG Pellets is Different than Injections
- Absorption of dosage in the tablets
- 2 Issues with Changing Dosage in hCG Pellets
- How to know if you need to increase or decrease your hCG pellet dosage
- How to change dosage of hCG tablets – cutting your pill
- Taste of hCG troches
- Comparison: Pellets vs drops
- Comparison: Pellets vs injections
- Side effects of hCG pellets
- Why Sublingual Absorption of hCG is Lower Than Injections
- hCG Pellet Reviews from Real People Who’ve Used Them
HCG pellets aka tablets aka troches aka pills are a sublingual method (under the tongue) of taking hCG while on the diet. This is done in lieu of hCG injections (which you will see on this blog I DO have a big preference for, buttttt…. you guys all deserve to do what you feel is best and get the info you need for that. So hence this post) 😉
You can buy prescription hCG pellets WITHOUT a prior prescription through the 2 of online sources listed on my blog, plus the main advantage of each brand:
Nu Image Medical – has b12 mixed into the tablets (which gives them red color)
Diet Doc – larger thus easier to cut if needed
Each of these companies employs their own medical staff who will prescribe you your hCG pellets and then the pharmacy ships your order to you at your home.
Please do review all this information before both deciding on using pellets (vs hCG injections) and before deciding which company to use.
Here you can see these buying options on their sites:
Sometimes hCGers like to add what are called Lipo (lipotropic) or MIC supplements to their hCG program. This is TOTALLY optional and not required. In a nutshell, these ingredients help your body break down fat more efficiently, however while in theory this is what they do, in reality we have no proof it’s actually doing that in your body. You can see a VERY detailed post all about Lipo/MIC and what others have felt about them after trying them (some feel they make a big difference in how they feel on the diet and their weight loss, while others noticed no difference) here.
IF you decide to add them to your program, both companies have the lipo in capsule form:
- You are absolutely terrified of needles (even then…I’ve been known to help a number come around with my injection tutorials ;).
- You travel a lot (pellets don’t have to be refrigerated and won’t cause you any TSA issues).
- You have teens in the house and you don’t want them seeing you injecting stuff like you’re a drug addict 😉
- You don’t have to “play doctor” as one reader wrote – no mixing of stuff, no prepping and filling syringes.
- It’s your first time doing hCG and this can be a good way to work up the courage to try injections on a future round once you are familiar with how the whole ordering and diet thing work (although I have a converse argument against tablets for this exact same reason below)
Ie. Those who are most likely to not have hunger problems on hCG tablets:
- Those who have a significant amount of weight to lose – 50+ lbs
- Reason: the hCG troches/tablets/pellets/pills are typically almost always 500iu each- this dosing is MUCH higher than what someone would inject for their dosage (typically more like 125-250iu).
- The reason it’s done this way is that a lot of the hCG is not absorbed. However, absorption rate really varies from person to person just form what is reported to me, those who are heavier to begin with experience less hunger issues on pellets than those who have less to lose (like 30lbs or less as an example).
- My guess as to why this is: Usually a person can have higher dosings of hCG without experiencing hunger, whereas as you get leaner, almost everyone needs to reduce their hCG dosage to continue experiencing the non-hunger feeling, so my ultimate guess is that sometimes people are absorbing more of the 500iu pellet and the dosage is too high for leaner people.
- Those who have less weight to lose
- Reason: see above for why it’s better if you have more weight to lose. Additionally as you get leaner, you have to be able to do much smaller adjustments to hCG dosage to get the proper non-hunger feeling (we’re talking 5-15 iu dosage adjustments) as it seems our bodies becomes much more sensitive to the impact of the hormone in our system – this is pretty much impossible to do with the pellets.
If you have 30 lbs or less to lose and REALLY REALLY want to use pellets:
- If you are a leaner person who REALLY REALLY wants to do pellets, I suggest going with a company whose pellets are large enough to divide up – at this time that would be Diet Doc’s pellets – they are large. Nu Image has a great product but their pellets are SO tiny that you cannot really cut it up.
All this said, since it’s my blog ;)- I have to still throw a little plug for my personal opinion here- I still think injections is the SUREST way to:
- Get proper hCG dosing/be able to reliably adjust dosage – which is what your entire hunger/not hunger experience on such a low calorie diet hinges on – see my comprehensive hCG dosage article here about that.
- Knowing exactly how much hCG you are actually absorbing (which goes back to the same point above).
- Best FAT loss ratio – meaning how much of your weight loss is fat vs. muscle
- Preserving lean muscle (similar to thought above)
- If it’s your first time on the hCG diet, injection is the only sure way to be sure of your dosage absorption and reliably adjust the dosage if you find yourself excessively hungry. But if you do pellets/tablets/pills for your first hCG diet round and have issues with hunger and can’t consistently change your dose, this might give you kind of a first bad experience with the diet and that could make future attempts intimidating for you to mentally comprehend. You want your first experience with the diet to be a good one!
Okay I’m done. Except to share that, did you know? I have a SLEW of video hCG Injections tutorials– how to mix, how to get your dose out of the vial, how to inject, all of it. No stone unturned. Just in case I swayed ya’ a little. 😉
In the end, pellets are totally a feasible way to do the hCG diet – I will share the pros, cons, challenges and possible solutions, to help you both decide and carry out your round of hCG in the best way for you!
Ideas on this from hCGChica readers –
- Put under your tongue while still in bed in the morning and try not to swallow- this reader actually did so an hour before getting out bed (when she usually has to get up for the bathroom anyway) and said she usually fell back asleep. Then by the time she wakes up she’s already ready to go.
- Leave on your dresser and pop it under your tongue after you brush your teeth and viola, done til tomorrow.
2. Hold under tongue till dissolved (time varies between 1-5 minutes). Considered “rapid dissolve” so doesn’t take long- DietDoc says’ theirs only take about 1 minute to dissolve, even though they are a fairly large looking tablet.
3. Do not eat or drink anything for 20 minutes after the tablets dissolves (why?)
The eating aspect is typically pretty easy since most of us don’t eat breakfast on the hCG diet anyway. But most of us do coffee, so you will want to wait 20 minutes before having that.
4. Diet protocol is still the same – if you are super new to this, there are many different hCG diet protocols you could choose to follow out there- I will share with you the original protocol here, as well modifications that many (including myself) have made to the protocol with reliable success. In addition, especially if you choose to follow a more modern hCG diet, you will likely enjoy using my hCG diet recipes site! That’s hcgchicarecipes.com. Most either follow a 500 or 800 calorie plan, with a very specific food list and the way the calories are apportioned.
Unlike hCG Injections, you do NOT need to refrigerate them. Their potency is stable in this dry form. This makes them great for traveling, especially on airplanes.
Aka Absorption of sublingual hCG.
At 500iu per pellet/tablet, you can wonder why, when your hCG injection sisters are taking only approx 150iu per day in comparison.
In a nutshell, the reason is, you do not absorb 100% of the hCG in a pellet (in fact, not even close to 100%). So they must make the tablet have more hCG to compensate for how much gets lost to digestion.
According to the 2 sources, I consulted that referred the question to either a doctor or a pharmacy regarding the absorption of sublingual hCG came back to me with this:
- “30% absorption. They are very convenient, but the trade off is reliability based on absorption. People have to try them to see how they do, it’s hard to predict how well they will absorb them.”
- “They (the pharmacy) say for sure 50% absorption (so, at least 50% is what they mean) but there are many factors to consider such as saliva production, body absorption, age, metabolism, and some others such as people eating or drinking before and after, even brushing your teeth can make it vary.”
So between these 2 inputs what I get out of this is that absorption of sublingual hCG (this goes for both pellets and drops) REALLY varies and depends on a lot of personal factors in your physical genetics as well as personal habits and how easy or hard it is for you to control that.
When the dosage is such a big part of experiencing no hunger on a such a low calorie diet, this obviously really puts a damper on the hCG dosage party. So to give you a few examples so you can relate it to something specific-
- 30% absorption of a 500iu pellet that would be:150ius of hCG in your system.
- 50% absorption of a 500iu pellet would be: 250ius of hCG in your system.
And these are just approximates. It could be more, it could be less, depending on all these various factors.
If you are unfamiliar with the hCG diet just yet, let me share that this range- 100iu variation in hCG absorption – is a HUGE variation.
With injections that allow for exact dosage and exact absorption, people who are not hungry and totally happy with 500 calories on a 150iu dosage can be absolutely starving-I-want-chew-my-arm-off at a 250iu dosing.
And you won’t be able to know how much of the tablet you are absorbing. You WILL know if whatever you are absorbing is okay for YOU once you try it (you’ll either feel super hungry or not hungry). So if you are one of those who it works well for, that’s great! You just probably won’t know until you did a trial of it, if you were up for that.
Also keep in mind that as you get leaner, you may find your body more sensitive to hCG dosage than prior and pellets may work well for you at the start but you may find yourself needing to switch to injections as you get smaller to have better control over dosing.
100% so if you inject 125ius, that’s how much you absorb in your system. If you inject 200ius, that’s how much you absorb.
If you need to adjust it because of hunger and decide to drop to 150ius, you KNOW you are now absorbing 150ius and if you feel the least hunger on this dosage, you know that’s the dosage to take for the ensuing days and you can easily take that exact dosage each day after because when you pull up 150ius in the syringe and inject it, that’s how much you are really absorbing.
With tablets, it’s just not that straightforward. Let’s talk about it though so you can see HOW to do it in the best way possible, and to see the troubles with it as well for you to factor into your personal decision.
If you aren’t sure if you are getting enough hCG or too much hCG when experiencing hunger on the hCG diet with pellets, usually I would say that with a 500iu tablet that it’s like the dosage is too high, but if absorption is only 30% or thereabouts, then it certainly is possible the dosage is too low.
– As I discuss in my injection dosage post here are the ways to guesstimate if you need an increase or decrease in dosage.
hCG Pellet Dose too high
Typically if you wake up not hungry and become hungry soon after your hCG dose is taken in the morning, and your hunger IMPROVES towards nighttime, this is an indicator that you have too much hCG in your system for you and you need a lesser dose.
hCG Pellet Dose too low
If you take your hCG dosage in the morning and feel good for the first half of the day and find yourself getting super hungry towards the end of the day, even if you had dinner, this is an indicator that you don’t have a high enough level of hCG in your system and need a bit more.
A basic thing though is that:
– Please do not take less hCG than you need in order to make it last more days, OR take more hCG thinking you will get more weight loss.
Both of these strategies are fraught with fallacy. Sorry I had to say that- we’re working on vocabulary and spelling with my son’s homeschooling right now and it’s like I’m learning all these cool new words all over again that I haven’t heard since my 10th-grade spelling test. What I mean to say is, you’re shooting yourself in the foot if you do either of these things, and here’s why:
- Both too high and too low a dosage will cause EXTREME hunger.
- Too low a dosage will also interfere with weight loss from what I’ve seen,
- AND too high a dosage will not increase your losses. It will just make you miserable with hunger, which will make you cheat and give up thus reducing your overall weight loss anyway or at the worst cause you to develop an eating disorder. I know that sounds extreme but honestly, there is a super negative mental connection one can create if they persist in a physically hungry state for long. So these are not solid plans.
Rather, your best weight loss, state of mind, well being, and everything else that is good in the world will come from being on the proper-to-you-hCG-dosage. And remember this dosage may CHANGE from round to round as well.
A few factors impact this –
1. As you get smaller (or if it’s been awhile and you have a higher hCG starting weight than a previous round) you will likely need more or less hCG for your current body size- so your body size does effect what dosage you need.
2. The hCG itself – hCG is made in compounding pharmacies in batches and their potency RANGES – they all fall within the legal parameters for potency required by the laws, but in some cases a batch of hCG might be more than 100% potency- it might be 115% potency in which case, the 150iu hCG you THINK you’re taking might actually be 175iu because the vial of 5000iu on it actually has xxxxiu in it. OR it might have a little less than 100% potency – if it’s 90% potency for the batch you got, you might need more hCG because the 150iu you think you are taking is really 140iu.
This is just the way of things, so let’s not fight it or think it’s unfair if you get 90% potency hCG and like life gave you something extra special if you get 110% potency- you won’t even know what you get, your vial will always just 5,000 iu hCG or what have you. But just know this is one variable to medical compounding that is part of the whole picture, so that’s why it’s necessary to pay attention to your hunger and make small adjustments where needed.
The main reason, in this case, is because the hCG (the active ingredient) in these compounded pills are not necessarily evenly distributed – if the pill is scored, this means work has gone into trying to make the active ingredient be evenly distributed – but if not, then the hCG could be randomly dispersed in the tablet unevenly.
To visualize: Picture a batch of cookie dough – you toss in 2 cups of chocolate chips and then stir it 2 times. What is the result? Are the chocolate chips (active ingredient in this case) evenly spread throughout the dough? Or are there big areas of densely packed chips, and then other areas with none?
This is POTENTIALLY the case with unscored tablets and what is meant by uneven distribution throughout the tablet.
This means that even if you cut a 500iu tablet in half, it’s not necessarily going to be an even 250iu of hCG in each half. One have could have 175iu and one half could have 325iu, you know?
With Nu Image’s pellets, they are very tiny, and the best way I found was doing this by hand, which I’ll show you in a minute.
With DietDoc’s hCG pills, these are fairly large so you can cut these a little more reliably – but please note once again, this is STILL by no means the ideal way of changing hCG dosage. With injections, it’s MUCH more exact.
But here is how you would go about it if you are going to do it- please see my video tutorials above showing you this with some tablet cutters.
Pill Splitter Options
This was the best tablet cutter in my opinion:
The Equadose Pill Splitter – it’s metal and just seemed most accurate, but also a bit pricier than below.
And this one worked pretty good as well:
Apex Ultra Pill Splitter – this one is way cheap and worked OK.
Cutting your hCG Pill if you DON’T have a pill splitter
- A knife
- A staple
- A piece of scotch tape
- Your thumbs
And let me tell you it actually works quite well. Steps:
- Straighten the staple
- Tape the staple to a table
- Score a line on the tablet with the blade
- Place the tablet on the staple, and press on both sides of the tablet. The tablet should break in half fairly evenly.
If you have a TINY pill:
If you end up buying your hCG pellets from Nu Image Medical that has the $50 off coupon and the free b12 in the tablets, these pellets are very TINY.
For splitting tiny pills:
Skip both the pill splitters and the MacGyver technique – instead:
Use a NON-serrated knife to score a line down the middle by sawing back and forth gently, then simply press down hard on the knife to split the pill. This worked best for the MOST even cutting out of the methods I tried.
Again this is shown to you in the video tutorial above.
So as we discussed, we don’t know EXACTLY what percentage of your hCG pill you will personally absorb – for you one day it could be 36.8% and another day 41.35% lol
But for the sake of just have an IDEA of what you are taking and potentially absorbing, I hope this chart below will help you make decisions:
1 full pill = 500iu
50% absorption = 250iu
30% absorption = 150iu
½ pill = 250iu
50% absorption = 125iu
30% absorption = 75iu
¼ pill = 125iu
50% absorption = 62.5iu
30% absorption = 37.5iu
So if you try to adjust your dosing, you can guesstimate about how many IU’s you may be ingesting with this chart.
One hCGer did recently write in to me that the Diet Doc pellets tasted like cake and that this caused her to have too many sweet cravings, so that’s just food for thought for a few of you out there.
Upsides of Pellets over drops:
- No refrigeration
- Once a day only
If you want to go the sublingual route only-
- Drops are 2-3x a day dosing.
- You can’t eat or drink for 20-30 minutes before and after each dosing; this becomes more of a pain with drops since this will now be cutting into the time when you want to eat lunch and dinner- you will need to keep track of the time more.
- Drops, with the hCG being in liquid form, the potency is not nearly as stable, so they have to be refrigerated and since they must be taken 2-3x a day, this means you need a way to keep your bottle of drops cold mid-day if you are out and about doing errands and such- vs. pellets again this is not a concern. If your drops dosing is 2x a day, morning and night, this may not be as big a deal since you can just do at home in that case.
Pros of pellets
- No refrigeration
- No needles
Cons of pellets
- Inability to change the dosage
- Dosage pills come in maybe too high for some patients
- Absorption rate is not fully known and variable – injections 100% is absorbed and you can change your dosing with almost complete accuracy.
Side Effects of Pellets/Drops VS Injections
1. DIFFERENT potential “side-effect” if you will by going with a sublingual method- either pellets OR drops, is that if you don’t absorb enough hCG in your system, you might experience more muscle loss on the diet than with injections or
2. If you are struggling to get the right dosage, you will, of course, have more of a “hunger” side effect, which can make the diet very difficult.
However, we also discussed ways to handle this type of stuff so that may not be much of an issue.
Side Effects Just All Around from the hCG Protocol:
As far as other possible side effects go, this would, for the most part, be the same as with any other form of hCG – just the inherent things that can go along with the hCG Protocol itself- I have a separate discussion on this here, but in short:
- Hair loss – this can happen with any rapid weight loss program, not just hCG. It’s minimized or prevented typically by not staying on the diet too long (past 6 weeks) and continuing to take vitamins and minerals.
- Sagging skin – sometimes losing weight rapidly can cause more saggy skin than losing weight more slowly over time.
I mention these because they happen to SOME, but still, I want to balance it with my opinion that for me, it was worth it over what I got out of the protocol, and side effects do not occur in all or even the majority of people who do the diet.
This is just some research I’ve compiled that I personally found fascinating.
About sublingual absorption of drugs and hormones:
Directly UNDER your tongue is where you will absorb the most of what you take.
How the hCG gets into your system sublingually
The hCG absorbs into your bloodstream through the tissues under your tongue – there are lots of capillaries (small blood vessels) there for this purpose.
Why is So Little of the hCG Absorbed Sublingually?
- HCG particle size – difficult for it to absorb through the oral mucosa –
- Loss due to swallowing- gets destroyed by gastric juices there (vs. injections, the full amount of hCG is going directly into the bloodstream, entirely bypassing the digestive system, so none gets “lost”
Factors that affect sublingual absorption amount:
HCG is a water-soluble hormone.
hCGer Feedback 1
- no needles (I felt like using injection was making me feel like I am going EXTREME)
- no mixing, SERIOUSLY I never liked to play doctors
- easy on the go, no fridge
- I think injections were not as bad as I thought. It is super thin needle so nothing to it. I overreacted.
- Lipo Lean +B12 combo injections are great to mix with. so much energy and results are great.
AND THE UGLY
- No drinks or eating after taking the pellet. So hard not even a sip, so timing is bit hard
- Holding saliva for few minutes is hard in the morning when family members are talking to me!
hCGer Feedback 2
I tried BOTH injection and oral tablets. The only difference is that with injection (I went to some fancy diet doctor and paid over $1,000.00 for the program) is that they gave B-12 and the fat burner shots after the 3rd week. That helped speed up weight loss. When I purchased oral tablets at Nu Image, I didn’t buy the extras.
hCGer Feedback 3
Hi Rayzel, I have and AM using the prescription tablets and LOVE them! I have ordered from Diet Doc and Nu Image Medical, both are great. However, I love that Diet Doc has flavored ones. It’s just so easy, put under the tongue, let it dissolve and go. I haven’t experienced anything negative. It is much better for me than injections and the dosage has been perfect because the fat loss has been great. The doctors customize the dosage at Diet Doc if you need it, however, I have never needed it.
hCGer Feedback 4
I have done pellets 3 times, 1st time through my doctor. These were clear, tasted like mint, and had to be kept refrigerated.
The second and third time (I’m doing round 3 right now) I ordered them through NuImage after finding your site. These are red and do not need to be refrigerated. In both the first and second times, I lost about the same amounts of weight. The only noticeable difference, which may or may not be attributed to the differences in the pills themselves, was that the first time I was horribly constipated. The second time not at all. So far this third time, about 1/2 way through, no issues.
My husband has done the diet with me at the same time, but he has always chosen injections. I’d say we are about equal on hunger level. He, of course, has lost more weight both times, but he is considerably bigger than I am and a man.
hCGer Feedback 5
I have done HCG a couple of times in the past, life happens! Both times, I went to a Board Certified physician and it cost me almost $600+ for a 26-day pellet regimen, not to mention the B12 shots were extra after the initial one. I did very well on the program and remained at weight for a good year or more. Most recently, I decided to try one of the online pharmacies that you reference on your website. What a shock in pricing, $400 for a 40-day pellet regimen that includes the B12!
For me, the pellets work best because I’m just a tad needle shy. I like that they are simple enough to leave on my dresser and I pop it under my tongue after I brush my teeth and voila! Done till tomorrow and on with my day.
hCGer Feedback 6
I’ve ONLY used drops and pellets! The first drops I bought were WAY back before you started referring to American pharmacies. My husband and I have used the pills from NuImage twice? They are AWESOME! My husband travels so ease of that is great. He did the 40-day with them and had to stop early b/c he’d lost 50 lbs!
hCGer Feedback 7
My name is Andrea and I’ve been following you for about a year and a half now. I started my first round August 2016. I started with the pellets from NuImage and did them for 46 days. I was a little intimidated by the shots so that is why I went with the pellets.
My first round I lost 38 pounds. I did a 26 day round afterward and lost a total of 53 pounds after the first two rounds. I have since done the diet 4 or 5 times. I did the 46-day round twice and the 26-day round 2 or 3 times. Unfortunately, I have gained a lot of the weight back and didn’t stick with my new eating habits. For one of the rounds, I did try the shots so I feel I can compare them.
I truly like the pellets best, there was no need to mix or figure out the best dose. They made the diet easier in the fact that they left out all of the complications. I did not feel too hungry and I definitely didn’t feel like I was starving.
They kept me going throughout the diet. There were no supplies to store other than the bottle of pellets so that was a plus. They taste sweet so they weren’t a problem taking. I’ve only ever used NuImage.
The only negative I found was you have to take the pellet at least 30 minutes before eating and drinking. It was sometimes inconvenient, also I was not supposed to swallow for like 10 minutes after it dissolved.
When I used the shots for one round, I had trouble finding the right dose. I did not lose as much weight either. It’s not because I had less weight to lose, I needed to lose 50 or so more pounds at that time. I just didn’t feel like the shots worked as well for me. I also used the Ultra Burn after most of my rounds. I think I did that for extra determination and support. Those shots made me feel like I still needed to keep on track (it was more a mental thing).
hCGer Feedback 8
I have tried pellets from both NuImage Medical and DietDoc. I definitely would say that NuImage seems to be of the better quality, they are smaller pellets no bad taste and they dissolved super quick, no headaches or anything. I got good results when I followed original protocol. I needed to do another round and ordered DietDoc and am struggling to even get started have been hungry.
Pellets are the way to go for me as I do not like shots.
I have taken prescription pellets and non-prescription shots. For me, the shots were by far more effective. In fact, so much so that I ended up abandoning the pellets and going back to shots mid-round.
hCGer Feedback 9
I used both the injections and the troches. I don’t like needles so the under the tongue was more convenient for me.
As far as pills to support my weight loss I am using the MIC from Diet Doc and I get shots once a month from a local naturopathic doctor again I don’t like needles so having someone else do it for me is nice
I am also taking the oxytocin troches they are really helping me with my emotional eating. I am not hungry but I would eat to change my mood. Doctor at Diet doc said it was reward eating – for doing a good job at work kind of thing.
Important to take a multivitamin as I was feeling tired which triggers old eating patterns.
hCGer Feedback 10
I have only used HCG through a doctor/prescription.
The first time, I did the shots. The second, I did the tablets.
Although I didn’t love the feeling of giving myself the shots, my doctor at the time said that was the most effective way to use HCG.
And I didn’t want to waste my time…struggling to eat the VLC diet and not have the correct amount of HCG in my system.
I also understood that if I didn’t have the correct amount, I would be at risk of losing some muscle instead of all fat.
And I do believe that. I would go in each week, get weighed and receive my new set of shots for the week.
They had to stay refrigerated, so that was challenging if I had to travel or wasn’t at home at the right time.
When I used the tablets, I was just never sure I kept it in my mouth long enough.
But in this case, I knew I would be traveling and wouldn’t be able to do the shots.
However, everything was mostly the same, except I didn’t lose as much as with the shots…but it was close.
I do not plan on having to do this diet again…yikes!…but if I did, I will still go by prescription from a doctor.
And I would never use the homeopathic drops.
I just want to ensure that I am getting the full strength, real stuff and through prescription, I assume that is what I get.
hCGer Feedback 11
I used RX “pellets” for all 4 of my rounds. The first two rounds were with pellets from Nu Image. You put one under your tongue about an hour before you’re ready to get out of bed in the morning (so, usually during my 6am bathroom visit). Lie on your back and try not to swallow. I usually fell back asleep…
So, from the standpoint of simple, it was very simple. BUT, the dosage was 500iu and you’re not really able to cut those tiny little pellets into any kind of predictable portion. While I wasn’t hungry on either round, I also didn’t lose as well as I thought I should. 6.2 lbs in R1 and 7.3 in R2. Well under the half pound per day that most women experience.
R3, I decided to try the pellets from DietDoc. By comparison, they were huge (lozenge size) and apparently they use theanine as a filler. They are also 500iu. Their website says they adjust dose per patient, so I contacted them and they said that it is the only dose the pellets come in and they also told me that only about 165iu was actually absorbed. Again, I wasn’t hungry, but also not losing well.
I was able to cut those down to about thirds by cutting them in half, then shaving about a third off each half. That put each 1/3 pellet at about 165iu. I only lost 5 pounds each in R3 and R4, so I don’t think I was getting consistent dosing.
So, why did I choose pellets? Mostly for convenience. I travel about 1 week per month and couldn’t imagine dragging around a cooler with vials and syringes. I also couldn’t imagine trying to explain to ANYONE what I was doing with those items! Lastly, while I am not afraid of needles, I shudder at the thought of sticking one into MYSELF! Noooooo….
So, I still have about 15 lbs to my goal and am planning on doing another round in September. However, in that round I will either do sublingual drops (because it is easier to adjust your dose) or even hhcg pellets or drops. The convenience of only having to dose once a day with the RX vs. 3 times a day with hhcg is really pushing me in that direction, but the much lower price of hhcg is also a compelling argument. Not sure what I will decide when the time comes.
hCGer Feedback 12
So I’m on the tabs and so far so good!! This is the first week on them and I’m very strict to my diet as well. I’ve lost about a pound a day thus far which is AWESOME! The first few days I did end the day with nasty migraines but I haven’t been super hungry which is a blessing because I’m such a grazer I was always eating.
hCGer Feedback 13
I think I am losing weight faster on the injections than I did with the Rx, but I was only 190lbs when I did the pellets versus starting weight of 279 with injections.
I never asked anyone to change the dose because they also put me on phentermine so I was never hungry. However, the days I did not take the phentermine I was not hungry either.
I bought the pellets from a weight loss clinic so this might be different for someone buying online.
Pros of pellets:
- Easily transportable; doesn’t need refrigeration
- Don’t have to mix/prepare fill syringes
Cons of pellet:
- Need to wait 20-30 min before you eat or drink anything
- Can’t adjust dose
Pros of injections:
- Dose easily adjustable
- Don’t have to wait to eat or drink
Cons of injections:
- Not easily transported; need to make sure you have ice packs if going on a trip, etc
- More prep work/supplies
hCGer Feedback 14
I’ve used the pellets and the drops because I am mortified of needles. I prefer the pellets because its once a day and I’m done verses taking the drops 3x a day. I’m still able to talk with the pellet in my mouth. I feel more full with the pellet. The only downside is that it takes a while to dissolve.
hCGer Feedback 15
The very first round of hCG I did was with NuImage pellets as I was afraid of injections. Did extremely well and never any hunger. Did the long round and lost 25 lbs. Have since worked up the courage and gone to injections as that seemed to be the preferred method. Had no hunger. Have gone all the way up to a dose of 250 and down to 125. Honestly can tell no difference in hunger or how I feel at the different levels. I usually stick to a dose of about 150 to 175. If I do another round, I will probably do the pellets for the convenience.
hCGer Feedback 16
I used the NuImage Pellets when I traveled on an unavoidable business trip. I had to stay in several hotels and drive over 1000 miles. Maintaining a continually cold ice chest is always a challenge when traveling.
NuImage will sell smaller packages (such as 10 pellets), so you can substitute the injections for the pellets. They seemed to work the same. I will say, they are a bit pricey. They were worth it for me, though, and my HCG P2 much easier.
That also gave me a few more days on the injections instead of the regular 26. I think I stayed on the HCG a total of 32 days.
hCGer Feedback 17
I just finished using the hCG pellets and had a good experience. I lost 25 lbs and am waiting for my 6 weeks to do my second round. I really like the pellets I just took them first thing in the morning and went about my day. They are convenient and a great alternative if you do not like needles.
hCGer Feedback 18
I just completed my first round of HCG with the troches. I am currently in my third week of the maintenance phase. I could have done the injections, but I just didn’t want to stick myself every day for a month and a half.
My experience with the troches was really good. I’ve lost about 43 pounds (extended round), and my weight has been stabilizing pretty well.
After reading your site and the section about the importance of getting the dosage right, I was really worried that I wasn’t getting the right dosage because I did experience feelings similar to hunger often (probably because I’m very uncomfortable with not feeling full). But my stomach didn’t actually growl unless it was close to mealtimes, so it was nothing that was unbearable.
It wasn’t to the point where I felt like I was starving. And drinking half my weight in ounces of water every day definitely helped with satiety. I asked my pharmacy about that, and they said they prescribe higher doses (2x that of the injections) for the troches because half of the dosage doesn’t get absorbed into the digestive system. That was good to know.
hCGer Feedback 19
I’m on my second week of the sublingual pellets from NuImage. Unfortunately, I cannot compare to the injections because this is my very first time doing HCG. I have 100 pounds to lose give or take.
The first thing I guess I could say about the pellets is that they are sweet. After they completely dissolve though I am extremely nauseous for about 5 minutes. I literally need to sit down and try not to puke. I have no idea why. It goes away and I feel fine.
hCGer Feedback 20
I’ve tried drops, pellets, and injections, all prescription. I’m currently on a round now. Out of all of the different forms, injections are my favorite. I shied away from them for so long because of the idea of giving myself shots. But, after watching your videos over and over, I decided to try. It’s so easy to do and virtually pain-free.
What I like most about the injections is that it’s once a day. I inject one dose in the morning and then I’m finished for the day. No more worrying about making sure I haven’t drank anything 15 minutes prior or after taking the HCG. No more carrying bottles around with an ice pack to stay cool all day.
I also like that I can adjust the dose easily. I have had to increase the dosage to help with hunger. I’m also wondering if the potency lasts longer than 14 days because the prescription is for 26 days. I’m starting to get super hungry.
(Purchase through NuImage)
hCGer Feedback 21
With both I didn’t struggle with hunger at all. Again I believe that the only reason the loss was greater with injections was because of the additional B12 and fat burn injections that were included in the package deal. I have fear of mixing the stuff myself which lead me to purchase the tablets. Was happy with tablets but the problem with me is that I lost the weight and got bored with the food, gaining back 20 pounds (lost 19 with tablets).
hCGer Feedback 22
I purchased the HCG pellets through NuImage Medical as suggested on your website. This has been my first time going through HCG program.
I opted for the pellets and have been happy with the ease of taking them. I have been fairly hungry throughout the program and at one point communicated with NuImage Medical and they were very responsive and suggested a few tweaks which I’m not sure has worked.. I may contact them again regarding the hunger issue or may power through to the end.
hCGer Feedback 23
My husband is now using the HCG pellets and just finishing his 2nd week. He didn’t want to do injections as I do, but he says they melt very fast, they don’t taste terrible, and he’s lost 13 lbs so far and working well since he was not a healthy eater (soda, chips, potatoes with tons of butter, and fried or BBQ meat was a daily thing…) and he hasn’t been tempted to cheat at all. He previously used drops once before in the past and, although he didn’t think he would, he admits he really likes the pellets as well.
– Mary and Rodney
hCGer Feedback 24
Yes, the only hCG I’ve used and had great success for 2 rounds and very convenient taking just once in the morning under tongue and no bad taste.
hCGer Feedback 25
I can’t express how much I HATED the NuImage prescription pellets!!!! Impossible to adjust the dose & I literally felt to out of it on them. It was a complete waste of money & time
I love injections. With drops I never want to wait long enough to drink my coffee lol & then there’s the whole lunchtime dosage???? I have a past of disordered eating-who doesn’t really, but if I don’t have my head right I fall back into bulimic behaviors.
hCGer Feedback 26
I used the drops for my first round and the troches for my second round. I tried the troches because they are a little less intrusive. The drops ideally should be kept in your mouth for 30minutes for maximum absorption, which makes it difficult to talk, drink, or do anything else. The troches you can tuck up under your lip, but they also make you look a little funny when you talk and I didn’t love the waxy residue.
In the end, I found it much easier to get the dosage right with the drops. I lost 21lbs on the drops and 18lbs on the troches, but I don’t think it had anything to do with the vehicle of the HCG.
hCGer Feedback 27
I would prob say I prefer shots. It may be mental but I felt like they worked better. Lol
For those afraid of needles, it’s definitely worth it.
The pellets had a slight apple flavor in my opinion and you have to be careful to let them dissolve completely without swallowing. Once it’s dissolved you can swallow.
A shot is quick and simple.
hCGer Feedback 28
I did the hCG pellets that my holistic doctor prescribed to me. I took 3 a day, under the tongue, 1 hour before or 1 hour after drink and food. I took two rounds back to back. Each round was for 40 days. I lost a total of 38 pounds with the hCG pellets. I followed protocol during this time of 500 calories a day. I did not cheat and I think I may have gained a pound during the two rounds, probably from too much salt. I had plenty of days where the scale wouldn’t budge, but after maybe 4 days, I’d see a drop of 2-4 pounds. Toward the end of the program, very little weight loss.
My most difficult time during this process was the first 10-14 days. I would watch your videos on tips and hints on what to do during this time. I drank lots of herbal teas and just told myself to get out of my head and think about why I’m doing hCG in the first place. To get healthy and lose weight. I also discovered SweetLeaf Sweet Drops in all sorts of flavors and added them to water. I still do this. Love them. I pretty much ate the same things all the time on the 500 calories a day. I would weigh my protein before I cooked it. (Good thing I don’t mind eating the same thing day after day.)
During the time I was on this program, I didn’t really socialize or party with friends. I didn’t want to. Once I make up my mind to do something, I’m pretty driven to accomplish my goal.