I continue to touch base with some of my past hCG interview guests, and recently, Janie from Episode 18 connected with me to let me know she is still heading even further down on the scale to reach her ultimate goal.
In fact at the time our interview she was at 156 lbs, from her starting weight of over 279 lbs at only 5’1″ (a total loss of 122 lbs), but as of recently she is now down to 138 lbs, bringing her weight loss to date to 141 lbs. Wow. You can bet we will be doing a follow up interview in the future.
Janie is passing along a little recipe she is currently using on Phase 2 of the hCG protocol. FYI the kale mentioned is “rogue” meaning it’s not a food on the original list of Dr. Simeons foods for Phase 2, so use at your own risk, however the radishes ARE indeed on the original protocol – just wanted to present your choices! Janie says she is continuing to lose weight just fine utilizing these foods and this recipe.
The dehydrator is the Nesco Snackmaster on amazon and it is listed as a “best seller”. You get 5 trays with the machine but you can buy more trays to extend it to 11 or 12 trays if you want.
Janie’s Recipe for Dehydrated Snacks while on HCG
This is my *informal* recipe because you can use literally anything so long as it conforms to the phase of the program you are on. I am in phase 2 with the small list of foods.
I make this in a Nesco Dehydrator rather than in the oven.
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Turns of sea salt grinder or to taste
Several sprinkles of curry powder to taste
1 Tiny scoop of Stevia extract (crystals) or 1 serving according to container directions
About a 1 inch squeeze of Thai seasoning paste – contains ginger, lemon grass, cilantro and chili pepper (or you can use basil, ginger, garlic, etc.)
3 or 4 large Radishes, sliced very thin
3 handfuls of Kale, washed, dried and torn into pieces
- Make up the dressing in a small bowl with a whisk using all except the kale and radishes.
In a large bowl, drizzle half the mixture onto kale and lightly massage/spread it with your hands. You just want to coat all the pieces. Do the same with the radishes.
- Put in a single layer on drying trays at about 135-140 degrees for about 4 hours.
- The main thing is to use the lemon juice as your base for the dressing and then create ! (You can also try lime juice or if you really want puckery then try apple cider vinegar.)
- Nothing about this recipe is hard and fast – you can make it savory/sweet like I like, or you can make it more herbal or spicy as you like.
- Any vegetable on the plan would work if you can slice it, although the more watery the veggie the more time it will take to dry.
34,000+ hCGers Join
how-to's | interviews | pep talksYup, I want this!