This is an in-depth video discussing what I did during Round 3 of the HCG Injections. One of the biggest changes I made because of dealing with a lot of cravings during Round 2 was to remove the fruits entirely from the diet and to eat 0% fage yogurt and extra vegetables in it’s place. This pretty much irradicated all cravings and made sticking to the diet soooo much easier this time. I’ve already never incorporated the melba/grissini.
Loading on HCG:
I chose to load low-carb (or what I called loading clean) this time, and after doing it and having fantastic results, I will always load low-carb for this protocol for any future rounds. This means I eat a lot of high fat foods and high protein, but these days are completely without sugars and almost all carbs for me. This did exactly what I desired it to do, which was to put me straight into ketosis after the first vlcd day. Fat burning mode people!
What I Eat on P2 of HCG This Round:
- Ate ¼ cup to ½ cup 0% Fage Greek Yogurt 2-3x’s a day- basically I chose the times to eat this based on the times when I was hungry and needed a little food- breakfast, sometime around 2 or 3pm, and then before bed. This helped keep my blood sugar stable and prevented me from being hungry.
- No fruits and no melba/grissini
- Meat and Veggies: I made 2 soups a day, 1 for lunch, 1 for dinner.
- Each soup contained: -100 grams of protocol meat- usually lean beef or shrimp-1 veggie in unspecified amount- usually 1 package of asparagus or ½ can of canned tomatoes
– 8 oz. of Shirataki/Miracle noodles
– Water as the liquid
– Salt to taste (I am very liberal with salt myself)
You can watch the actual video for a description of my little “process” for the soup making (it’s very basic). As I stated on the video, I am very boring on p2 during the protocol. I like to keep it simple and straightforward because, let’s face it, the food is very tiny. Who wants to spend an hour preparing a meal that only a mouse would be happy with? Well, I’m kind of kidding because actually once you add in the shirataki/miracle noodles, the meal becomes of a size that is more satisfying for a regular human being.
What I Drink on P2 of HCG This Round:
- Hot Tea out of a large mug
- Water with Stevia out a quart canning jar
No Fat on the HCG Diet:
Aside from that what I can say is that sticking closely to Dr. Simeon’s protocol is what brings the best results. I am very careful not to include any fat while on the diet now- that means no chocolate delight, no coconut oil, etc. I have come to agree that Dr. Simeon’s instructions regarding fat were on point and important to follow. The variations I have chosen to include which are the shirataki/miracle noodles and the 0% fage greek yogurt are acceptable to me because neither of them contain any fat and I have seen my percentage of fat loss stay quite high this whole round.
32,000+ hCGers Join
how-to's | interviews | pep talksYup, I want this!