See all the hCG interview episodes
These are in-depth conversations one-on-one with hCG ladies where you get to hear their whole weight loss story and the tips that helped them succeed.
Read short written hCG testimonials
These are short testimonials of ladies who’ve written in their hCG diet results to me for quick motivation.
We’re on episode 37! Read on for Diane’s amazing hCG journey.
It started with her daughter and son-in-law deciding to do this thing called the hCG diet to lose their baby weight. Diane thought it sounded weird and told them they just needed to eat healthy. They decided to the protocol anyway.
Diane thought she would show them by doing the diet similar to them, with just a little more calories and no hCG – to show them there was nothing special about hCG. They lost about 40 lbs each with hCG and she lost…..2 lbs. She then decided there must be something wrong with her body.
She went on hCG herself to prove it and lost 102 lbs. It was the first time a diet had worked for her past the initial 20 lbs she’d always get to before she got stuck.
I love hCG journeys that start out like this, because it’s very common and normal to come from a place of skepticism with this protocol. Sometimes those who are against the hCG protocol because they know nothing about it assume that everyone who does this diet are just mindless diet-aholics who don’t care about health and jump onto any diet they hear of regardless of the guidelines.
Stories like Diane’s show this is not true. MANY of us who end up doing this protocol starting our leery of it ourselves. We did our research. In Diane’s case- she did it to kind of prove that it didn’t work! And yet here she is, 4 years after finishing the hCG diet, managing at age 62 to keep her body slim and light after losing over one hundred pounds when nothing else worked.
Diane’s hCG journey in a nutshell:
- Height: 5’9″
- Starting age: 57, now currently 62 years old.
- Starting weight 8/2011: 267 lbs
- Ending weight 2/2012: 165 lbs
- Total weight loss: 102 lbs
- Starting size: 24 in pants/skirts
- Ending size: 8/10 in pants/skirts
It’s been over 4 years since she finished her main weight loss journey and she keeps things in check with an occasional short round of hCG if things start to get out of control around 10 lbs or so. She said she has learned to continue to make better choices and recently went on a 28 day cruise to Tahiti and had not gained weight upon her return!
I asked her what her approach to this was and she said she didn’t eat the bread when they’d come by offering it and chose in advance to eat only 1-2 desserts for the duration of the 28 day trip.
Diane ate around 700 calories on Phase 2 for the most part by adding a 3rd protein serving while on the protocol, and used homeopathic drops.
Tips and help on cosmetic surgery post weight-loss:
realself.com – reviews of different procedures, surgeons, before and after images, etc. help you check into things.
A few interesting tips when it comes to post weight-loss surgery:
- She mentioned having an enormous appetite- this is normal apparently due to the great amount of healing that your body is doing. The instructions from the weight loss surgery centers are to eat a lot more protein as this is important for healing. Diane said she managed pretty well- that she did find herself eating more comfort food than normal during recovery, but she also had a lot more protein and overall was able to keep her weight in check during recovery.
- You will often be up 5+ lbs on the scale right after surgery due to being swollen from inflammation while your body is healing – this is normal and is not fat and will go down as the swelling goes down.
- Diane suggests going to 2-3 consultations before making a decision about where to have a procedure done – she says you will get a feel for their bedside manner, if you feel comfortable, and even that pricing varies GREATLY from practice to practice- she mentions one comparison for a procedures she checked into where the pricing was 4x’s greater at one place over another, and the place she chose that was 4x’s less expensive was for a surgeon that has a great track record and whom she is very happy with.
- It’s very common to travel for having these types of procedures- it’s highly unlikely to find someone in your area to do the procedure you want, or to find someone that has an excellent track record – it’s worth traveling (she mentioned this might be a two week stint, where you get the surgery one and then spend time recovering, combined with a vacation) before then coming home.
- She mentioned that you really want to find a surgeon who specializes in post-weight loss patients – there are plenty of plastic surgeons that do a tummy tuck- but they don’t all have knowledge or specialize in doing these sorts of procedures on women who have the unique situation of doing this after a large amount of weight loss has taken place. So you don’t just want a general plastic surgeon.
Lipedema – How to Know If You Have This Fat Disorder
Diane mentions a disorder that she has that as many as 11% of women worldwide deal with called Lipedema – one description from curelipedema.org says of this condition, “How often have you seen a woman who appears to be a size 8 or 10 from the waist up and a size 18 or more from the waist down with unusually large, column-like legs? Women who have this body profile more often than not are exhibiting classic early stage Lipedema. As Lipedema progresses, fat will increase in the lower body.”
Here are a few resources to check into this to see if you have it:
One of the ways she mentioned to get rid of this is to remove these types of fat cells through Water-Assisted Liposuction – this apparently is the most effective method at this time. She says once they are removed, these types of fat cells do not come back. She just had this procedure done herself recently.
32,000+ hCGers Join
how-to's | interviews | pep talksYup, I want this!