Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
See all the hCG interview episodes
These are in-depth conversations one-on-one with hCG ladies where you get to hear their whole weight loss story and the tips that helped them succeed.
Read short written hCG testimonials
These are short testimonials of ladies who’ve written in their hCG diet results to me for quick motivation.
Tracy’s Measurement Changes:
Beginning Measurements/ After Round 1 /After Round 2
Neck: 13″ /13″/ 12″
Upper Chest: 39″/ 39″/ 33″
Bust: 41.25″/ 41.25″ /37.5″
Under Bust: 35.5″/ 35″/ 31″
Waist: 39″/ 38″ /30″
Hips: 44″ /43″/ 35″
Thigh: 25.25″ /25″/ 20.5″
Calf: 17″ /16.25″ /14″
Upper Arm: 15″/ 14″/ 12″
Wrist: 7″ /6.75″ /5.5″
Total Inches lost: 44.5″
These are sweetened with sucralose, which is not considered the healthiest sugar substitute option – however, some feel comfortable with it and it’s just nice to know your options, especially if trying to get past a major eating issue.
Fuzzy Navel flavor – jar
Fuzzy Navel – 12 single serving packages
Peanut Butter Cookie
Cookies and Cream
Cinnamon Roll Flavor
Variety Pack of flavors
Chocolate Lovers Variety Pack
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Flavor
* Another thing to note about the quest bars – Tracy feels satisfied eating just 1 of these. I am one of those people who I eat a bar like this and then I want to eat 4 more. So be honest with yourself, try them if you like, and if it’s a good fit, great! If you want to eat 4 more after the 1st bar….maybe not so much. 😉 The upside is they appear to be sweetened with stevia, so that’s good.
Tracy’s hCG Weight Loss Story:
Height: Depending on who is measuring somewhere between 5’4″ and 5’5″.
Menopause: Not yet but runs early in my family
Medical Details: I have Major Depressive Disorder. I believe this is a factor due to the fact that Anti-depressants cause weight gain and that was when I started putting on weight in the beginning, also Depression craves Carbs for the endorphins.
2. My starting weight was 197. My ending weight after two rounds was 150. But since I have lost down 141. I was wearing a very snug size 12 and right now I am in a 3/4. My first round I was kind of off protocol. I didn’t read properly and I did a long round but didn’t skip a day. Second round I did another long round but did skip a day.
My first round I lost approx. 25lbs taking me to 172. My second round I lost somewhere around 18lbs. Between rounds 1 and 2 I stayed in Phase 3 for the entire six weeks. I felt it would make the next round easier to transition back into.
3. I have actually not maintained a weight except for maybe the first two weeks of round 2 and phase 3. Then I started losing again. Not starving myself just still following the eat to hunger philosophy, and also I have decided to not add bread and pasta back into my diet.
I feel with my medical affliction if I started eating those things I would give in and fall off the wagon. I have been off the HCG injections since March.
4. As stated above I really started to gain after being prescribed Anti-depressants. But while in College I will have to blame Little Debbie. I would stop at the shell station on my walk in and buy an oatmeal cookie for breakfast. After college I looked at the back of the package and OMG they had 38gram of fat, not to mention how many carbs were in them.
I guess one of the things that I noticed about myself before I started my HCG journey was that I would lose my breath just bending over to tie my shoes. I refused to put on a bathing suit; I wore men’s cargo shorts. I just didn’t feel very feminine.
5. I used the injections, and I found that 125 IU’s was my sweet spot.
6. I guess I have to say that I was fortunate that I live alone so before I started I went through my house and disposed of all the food in my cabinets. I knew if it was there I would eat it. I had never been a three meal a day person most of the time I would only eat one meal a day but it was not healthy by any means and often I would eat way too much of it. So going to the 500 calorie adjustment was not agonizing, yes for the first couple of days I was hungry but it wasn’t something I couldn’t deal with. Remember there was no bad food for me to eat.
I loaded dirty the first round and I was absolutely miserable. Being used to eating only one meal day packing in all that food all day was horrible. Round two I loaded clean and it went well.
7. I am no great fan of fish, but I learned to use seasoning on it and it was bearable. Chicken I did the same. George Foreman and my steamer became my greatest friends. Have two one I keep at home and one stays at work George that is. I guess my favorite thing to eat was Fage 0% with Stevia. I cut my fruit out because it caused me to stall, and changed over to that and it fixed the issue.
8. I am not sure if you would call this a trick up my sleeve but I found that chewing gum helped stave off hunger between meals. And drinking my water.
9. Well like stated before I really didn’t have a problem maintaining my weight. I did cheat a bit. Being from the south everything is fried, so I did eat fried squash and fried okra. But the breading didn’t seem to affect me.
10. I eat a lot of vegetables, my favorite being celery and hummus or cheese. It seems like my appetite didn’t change very much, but I am eating different food. My favorite is a double cheeseburger with chili slaw and mustard sans the bun. I have learned that buns make eating too easy. When you use a knife and fork to eat you burger you eat much less of it. Most of the time I will eat half and save the rest for later.
I have seriously tried my best to stay away from food that will mentally put me over the edge. Breads and Pasta. I do eat wraps and the corn tortilla doesn’t seem to have an effect.
11. My main tool to maintaining is being accountable by weighing myself every day. I feel if I get lax with that I may lose sight of things. Continuing to eat to hunger.
12. Oh yeah there is a big difference in my life everything I used to eat came out of a box or can. Now I shop the outer perimeter of the grocery store. The only time I go down an isle is for Coffee, Stevia, and creamer.
Working in a hospital sometimes you do not have time to sit down and eat so I used to eat from the vending machines ( Fat Boxes to the British) Now I do not even look in there as I walk by. Also a person I work with on occasion approached me and introduced herself to me. She didn’t know who I was.
13. I buy the commercial sized bags of almonds and immediately take snack bags and measure it out to a 1/4 of a cup in each bag. That way I don’t just sit down and eat the whole bag, can etc. My cousin got married at the end of May and I did have a piece of wedding cake. The sweetness really made me nauseous, but it did not seem to affect my weight. I can have Smoothies from Sheetz and they do not seem to affect my weight, but while at the beach for the wedding my Mom wanted a milkshake so I thought I need to try to see if that would be a no go or a thumbs up.
The next day I had gained a pound and a half, so no milkshakes for Tracy I will stick with the smoothies.
14. A lot of people have a family they have to feed so that tends to be a challenge. Some people just do not have their heart in it and do not follow the protocol as given.
15. So many people have approached me asking how I did it. I used to try to explain the protocol to them but when I got to the 500 cal part they lost interest. Now when I get asked I say that I followed the original protocol written by Dr Simeons I point them in the direction of where to find the protocol and give them your website address.
I tell them in order to succeed they need to have your whole heart in it the ability to totally commit, and will power to make better food choices in the future.
16. Back in 2006/2007 I joined weight watchers with my sister. I weighed I believe 167lbs, biggest I had ever been. Through that program I lost 52lbs and weight 120lbs. I work in a hospital and have to move large patients from their beds to my CT table. Before starting Weight Watchers I could easily move a 300lb patient by myself.
By the time I was done with weight watchers I needed help moving a 150 lbs. patient. I hadn’t really lost any fat I had actually burned away all my muscle mass. At 120lbs I was able to wear between a 0-3. As I started doing HCG I noticed that my sizes were changing kind of oddly from my experience with weight watchers. At 150lbs I was in a size 3. That just solidifies the fact that you lose fat and not muscle weight.
Here’s a comparison of how she looked post Weight Watchers vs. post hCG – notice how her muscle tone is MUCH better after hCG (which is a lower calorie diet than WW. One of the reasons I truly feel the hCG hormone is not a placebo):
17. With weight watchers which I am sure it has changed since I did it. They throw whammies at you and change the protocol; you eat by a points system. You are allowed a certain amount of points a day. The points were determined but using a sliding scale and it tracked your calories, fat and fiber. Carbs were not even a factor in the process. You could eat whatever you wanted just as long as you stayed in you point range.
So basically I lived on 100 calorie snacks. I can’t even remember eating a lot of protein. And weight watchers is for life. Once you reach your goal weight you are given your maintenance points. So in order to maintain your weight you still have to follow the points system, calculating everything you eat. Food Jail. Hence the reason I ended up weighing 197lbs before HCG.
A couple other things I thought of:
I also during P3 used protein powder. I had two which were fuzzy navel and another called paradise punch. I also used one called Chocolate truffle. They are by Syntrex the line is Called Nectar. I ordered mine on line but I think you can buy them in fitness stores and like GNC. What was so good about these are that not only were they high in protein but they were also low fat, low calorie and very low carb.
The fuzzy navel and paradise punch made almost like a juice so it was not overwhelming chalky. The chocolate truffle I mixed with my 0% Fage. It gave it a chocolate pudding taste and texture. There is another thing that I absolutely loved, Quest nutrition Protein bars. They come in every possible flavor you could possibly imagine, oreo, chocolate chip cookie dough, Cheesecake, Lemon bars etc. They normally only have between 4 and 5 carbs, and not chalky at all. They even come with recipes where you can actually use them to make like cinnamon roles.
Quest also has protein chips, they do have a bit of carbs in them but still very low, and they are awesome. The quest line can be bought online just about anywhere but I discovered out of the ordinary they are cheaper when ordered through Quest Nutrition’s web site.
37,000+ hCGers Join
how-to's | interviews | pep talksYup, I want this!
Alicia Stelton says
Are quest bars ok on phase 2 and if so what do we replace them for?
Ian Defiguero says
Hi there, cheers for the post. I really enjoy the information I’m getting.
Sharon C Dean says
Can you chew gum?
Gen, hCGChica team buddy says
I have no idea about the gum to be honest – Rayzel feels like it could be a problem possibly only because it might get the digestive juices going more often but maybe I’m wrong on that. I think she had interviewed a girl who chewed sugar-free gum frequently and she still lost weight. If you end up chewing gum frequently while on hCG, make sure it’s sugar-free. Would love to know how it works out.
Tracy, your success story was helpful to me. I am in round 1, phase 2, Vlcd 6. Your pictures and your size are encouraging me to keep at it even though I have been hungry the last two days. I started at 175 and today I tried 150 ml dose. Today I kept repeating to myself that food does not taste as good as skinny feels.
Judie Robinson says
This was one of my favorites. Thank you Tracey!!!!! Question. How much fage yogurt did you eat?
Hi hcgchica! I was just reading my hcg handbooks that came with my drops and according to those phase 2 is maintenance not vlcd, do have any insight as to why we have decided to change that within our own little hcg community? You can email me if you want. Also do you know anything about anumed hcg drops, homeopathic i believe….. Im not sure if i being safe with these. Thank you, jamie.
In reference to Tracy’s weight loss story, which I enjoyed reading
She mentioned cutting out the fruit and eating the Fage 0% yogurt…
Was this in P2??? If so I really am curios to know because this coul help
many who end up stalling on the weight loss. Thanks so much and your website
Is truly a lifesaver!!