Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
See all the hCG interview episodes
These are in-depth conversations one-on-one with hCG ladies where you get to hear their whole weight loss story and the tips that helped them succeed.
Read short written hCG testimonials
These are short testimonials of ladies who’ve written in their hCG diet results to me for quick motivation.
Episode 11 of the hCG Diet Reviews!
How many of you have already attempted to do this diet and things fell apart? You either cheated a lot, or you gained back what you lost after. You knew what you needed to be doing, but you found yourself doing something else.
“If I keep doing what I did, I’ll keep getting what I got.”
I fell in love with the simplicity but powerful truth in this statement the minute Miriandra mentioned it.
Failing At hCG
In her words, “in my first 2 rounds of hCG, I really didn’t change. I lost weight, and I read stories about people who could eat everything, and so as soon as Phase 2 was done, I did that. I really didn’t connect the fact that if I keep eating the way I used to eat, I’m going to be who I used to be, hCG or not, and I really had to change.”
Her first 2 rounds of the protocol she did not really follow the rules for Phase 3 too well. She was misled by the misinformation out there online that leads some to believe that once Phase 2 is over, you can eat whatever you want. She went back to eating how she used to eat because she thought she could. The illusion was that she could continue being who she used to be, but she didn’t want the body she used to have. Everything needed to change.
Her most recent Phase 3? It began in November and 4 months later her weight has been VERY stable and feels confident about keeping off her weight loss now as she continues to lose the last lbs she’d like to lose.
What Changed – Failure Rounds to Successful Rounds
I asked Miriandra what changed – how did she go from rounds of hCG that ultimately failed leading to regained weight, versus her most recent round where she has been maintaining her weight loss from it for several months.
What Created a Better Result:
- She was more serious.
- She didn’t do it for the WOW factor this time.
- She realized she had a journey and that she wouldn’t lose it all at once.
- She wasn’t going to fool herself into thinking she could binge on whatever she wanted after the diet was over.
- She re-read everything about the protocol again – she listened to the other hCG diet reviews to see how others created their success.
Her Phase 3 Approach
Miriandra really took Phase 3 seriously this last time around, and it paid off. She did a steak day everytime she went over that 2lb limit – she said this lead to 4 steak days in a 2 week period – but she did it because she was determined to create homeostasis in her body, and since that time, steak days have only been necessary very infrequently.
She eats just about everything except what she found her body to be sensitive to but she really pays attention to amounts and her hunger.
She discovered coming off Phase 2, when you really pay attention to fullness, you really can’t eat a whole lot without getting full – most likely many of us end up eating too much as we come off P2, making stabilization more difficult. When she starts getting full, she starts leaving things on her plate, which was new for her.
She said, “the old me piled her plate up with food.” Now she puts less food on her plate to begin with and realized there’s no need to be frantic about food, as if she’ll never have enough.
She asked herself, “what would I be eating if I were at my goal weight? My goal weight doesn’t mean, oh boy I’m at my goal weight I can eat everything in sight” – a mentality that she used to have. It’s more that “my goal weight says I’m a changed person.”
4 Keys to Change
- Changing her body image was key for her. Changing from the constant negative she saw to the positive.
- She stopped judging herself so severely, because she had so many regrets over gaining weight back from the past.
- She chose to be more cheerful- and this uplift helped her to see she could do what she wanted to do – she could make the right choices she needed to make.
- The primary ingredient is to wake up to what’s not working so you can change it. After this her entire attitude toward all the phases of the diet changed.
Her Advice to Newbies and Those Who Have Struggled on This Protocol
– DO those steak days as necessary.
– Really study what this is about so that you have an understanding. This isn’t a crash diet to lose a bunch of weight and go to a party. You can go to a party, but that’s not what this is about. This is about changing the old ways so that you can be the person you want to be.
– Pay attention to your vulnerable times. For her this is the evenings. For her it works best to just not eat at all in the evenings and to do something else instead.
– If your addicted to sugar, remove it from the house. I second Mariandra on this- if you have that much trouble with it, sometimes you’ve have to get drastic and really get it out of there.
– Catching yourself before a binge. Don’t just throw the bag of chips or the box of cookies away- pour water all over it first. Seriously.
– If with friends, she’s found that it works better to say “no thank you I’m full, I’m not hungry” it stops further discussion. If she says something like “I don’t eat dairy” or something like that, she find friends and family tend to try to convince her to eat it.
Check out other episodes of hCG success stories as well!
37,000+ hCGers Join
how-to's | interviews | pep talksYup, I want this!
I lost 30 pounds with HCG and did exactly what she talked about….losing the weight for an event and not for lifestyle change and also planning HCG around events that I wanted to “eat” at and surprise, surprise I gained it all back! I am going to try again and this time going to use the suggestions here and stay in touch with HCGCHICA so I can stay focused!! Is there a group I can join to help me do this?
Rayzel HcgChica says
I'm glad this was encouraging for you Laurie – I was so glad she was willing to tell her story because I knew how much it would resonate with many of us women. It's true that we have varying levels of issues with food and our bodies and depending on how severe can really take some time and even major backsliding to gradually wade out of it- I believe you will.
Laurie Peterson says
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who failed on this. I am now the same weights as when I started, have severe emotional eating issues and am hoping to take another stab at it in April. Thanks for sharing because it gives me hope to try again and hopefully succeed with a lifestyle change and not just a temporary weight loss method. This really hit home.