This recipe is taken with permission from Chefy Brain. Oh, sorry you don’t know who Chefy Brain is. It’s Tammy Skye. From her highly rated hCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook.
I am calling Tammy the amazing chefy-brain because how you could come up with over 350 Recipes for Phase 2 (between the 2 volumes of her cookbooks- volume 1 has over 200 recipes, volume 2 has 150 recipes) with such a limited food list, I just don’t know! She is incredibly creative with food and this particular recipe was delicious.
I know it is because I made it and ate in in Phase 4 while having access to french fries, so you know when a recipe tastes good under those circumstances that it’s a winner.
And while you could simply read the recipe below, I really think you should watch the 5 minute demonstration cuz my son and I have some silliness goin’ on to send a little laugh and smile your way today. 😉
Cold Curried Chicken Salad
Posted with permission from Tammy Skye’s hCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook
- 100 grams chicken, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1.5 cups celery, diced (optional) hcgchica note: I think you should add it, it’s TOTALLY yummy- gives it this awesome crunch and makes it a larger serving.
- 1/4 cup water (you may need a little more depending on the level of heat in your pan)
- 2 TBS. Lemon Juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 TBS. Finely minced onion
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/4 TSP. Curry Powder or to taste (I often put more hehe)
- Dash of the following:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cayenne powder
- Cinnamon (oh yes, don’t skip this!)
- Stevia to taste (oh yes, don’t skip this!)
In a small saucepan, lightly saute chicken in lemon juice until lightly brown. Add 1/4 cup water and spices. Stir well and simmer over low heat until liquid reduces to form a sauce and chicken is cooked well (this doesn’t take long at all if you diced the chicken small). Add water as needed to create the consistency you want. Chill, add chopped apple and celery, or omit the celery and serve over a green salad.
And some awesome being-silly-ness
34,000+ hCGers Join
how-to's | interviews | pep talksYup, I want this!