One of the blessings of being in contact with so many people in the HCG diet community through my blog is they share things with me- whether it’s their hCG weight loss results, a tip for traveling while on the diet, or a snack idea.
A fellow hCGer named Andrea emailed me the other day with something to share. She said, “Here’s something that helped keep me a bit sane… I cut up strawberries in pieces and place in a baggie, add a few drops Chocolate/Raspberry Stevia, and freeze the individual baggies. Sort of like a frozen chocolate covered strawberry snack! ”
Ummmm, yeah girl!
I asked her permission to try it out and post it on here if it was that good. Obviously it was, since you’re seeing it here now. Call me crazy, but it really did taste like chocolate covered strawberries.
Not only that, it’s what I like to call a “no-recipe” recipe- meaning it doesn’t really take any work. That’s the kind of cooking I like! Especially for a snack. So THANKS again Andrea! (personal thank you from my son in the recipe video).
The quick way (aka the I need to just get this done so I can cook dinner for the kids way):
- Cut 1 quart Strawberries in half into a quart ziplock bag
- Sprinkle 2-3 droppers full Chocolate Raspberry Liquid Stevia
- Close bag and kind of “smoosh” around to spread the stevia on strawberries.
- Freeze- lay bag somewhat flat so strawberries don’t stick together too much.
- Eat- on P2 the amount is probably 5-ish strawberries per serving.
The long way (aka the slightly prettier result, for a more “decadent” experience way):
- The first key to making it take longer is do it with your kids or grandkids!
- Cut 1 quart Strawberries in half and place cut side up on cookie sheet
- Place 2-3 drops of Chocolate Raspberry Liquid Stevia on each strawberry
- Kind of smooth it across the top with finger
- Stick in the freezer
- Eat! A P2 size serving is about 5-ish strawberries I’d say.
Needing Support? Motivation?
I can help you stay on track.
- pep talks by yours truly
Join hcgChica's Email TribeYup, I want this!