See all the hCG interview episodes
These are in-depth conversations one-on-one with hCG ladies where you get to hear their whole weight loss story and the tips that helped them succeed.
Read short written hCG testimonials
These are short testimonials of ladies who’ve written in their hCG diet results to me for quick motivation.
She Ate Healthy and Exercised – What Gives?
What I find most fascinating about Lisa’s story is that she ate healthy. She exercised. She was responsible. Still she gained weight and could not lose it.
Some of you out there may be like her.
And maybe, like her, you had a doctor who told you that you must be lying or hiding something (ie that you’re really stuffing your face with oreos in the closet- okay I actually HAVE done something like that myself in the past, but not Lisa!) because otherwise you WOULD be losing weight.
There are too many regular honest women out there with a similar story for them all to be making it up. Sadly, lack of natural respect for humans has led to some pretty weird insinuations by professionals in these fields.
She tried many different diets, diets that others successfully lost weight with- for her she would always lose the initial chunk the first week, chiefly due to water weight, then nothing following this after what would sometimes be months of effort including a 6 month stint on the Atkins diet.
The happy ending to this story is that after finding this diet protocol, Lisa lost a whopping 111lbs with it. That’s not simply three ones next to each other, that’s ONE HUNDRED plus eleven.
Things referenced in the Interview
Download the Transcript of our interview if you prefer to read.
Lisa’s Website about her weight loss journey: LiveARadiantLife (she has an ebook with lots of hCG help there and does coaching as well).
GREAT resource for Thyroid and Adrenal research: Stop the thyroid madness
Starting Weight: 263 lbs
Ending Weight: 151 lbs
Clothing Size Change: Size 24 in pants down to Size 8/10
She is 5’7″
Lisa’s hCG Diet Weight Loss Break Down
- Round 1: 26lbs
- Round 2: 24lbs
- Round 3: 25.6lbs
- Round 4: 21.2lbs
- Round 5: 21lbs
Total: 117.8 lbs total which includes gains from load days. All her rounds were long, 40-ish day rounds.
Please notice her average weight loss over the course of her rounds is about 1/2 lb a day. This is the NORM for most women on the protocol. I am still getting emails from disappointed women who are not losing a pound a day. I’m so sorry, I WISH it were true, but there are almost NO women losing weight on this protocol at that rate- if you really think about logically, how could it be? You’d have to be burning a LOT of calories each day – since a pound of fat is made up of 3500 calories, very few people burn this many calories a day in their everyday life. Those who do have a higher than average weight loss over the course of their round (even I hit about .67/lb my first round I think) some of that is going to be water weight- some have been retaining more water than others, giving the appearance of higher weight loss, but please know that is one of the factors for why you may feel you see a difference at times. Robin Woodall, who has administered the protocol to literally thousands of patients in actual clinics made it a point to mention this regarding the rate of fat loss on this diet as well in her book Weight-Loss Apocalypse: Emotional Eating Rehab Through the hCG Protocol.
Loading gains: When loading dirty, she gained 2lbs her first round loading, and one of the rounds that she loaded clean (check out more about what is clean loading and why do it) she gained only .6lbs. After looking at her stats, the clean loading did not cause any lesser weight loss.
Important Take Aways for Weight Loss and Phase 2
– Even some P2 approved foods may not work well with YOUR body. She found (as have many others actually) that she stalled out with cabbage. I’ve heard this too many times now for it to be coincidence- just something to try leaving out now and then to check if you feel you’re having weight loss issues on the diet.
– Drinking enough PLAIN water. She noticed a distinct difference over the course of her weight loss journey to drinking enough water and she felt that drinking tea was not the same thing as drink plain water like we might think. This is actually a new thought to me as well, but honestly, it makes sense. As such starting today I’m seriously going to up my actual plain water intake just in regular life.
Important Take Aways for Phase 3
– GO SLOW at introducing foods. This is how she figured out certain foods her body did not tolerate well that when she ate them that caused her gains- these included dairy and broccoli for her personally- she said as a result of knowing this about dairy in her final round, she stabilized far easier than previous rounds because of knowing which foods she was sensitive to.
Healing Her Metabolism – The Fast Metabolism Diet
Lisa has been dealing with a major defect in her metabolism for many years now. This protocol, just like all the other diets, did not fix that aspect for her. This process allowed her to actually lose her 111lbs, which no other diet could accomplish despite her best effort, but maintaining it hasn’t been easy. She found herself having to do correction days (steak days- fast all day, eat large steak + tomato or apple for dinner) at least once a week, sometimes twice a week.
She has been experimenting with something call the Fast Metabolism Diet as a means to actually heal her metabolism- the hoped for outcome is that she will be able to eat a greater variety of foods, including some starches and sugars again without gaining weight. She is rather hopeful because she hasn’t had to do a steak day in 3-4 weeks, when usually she must do them 1-2x’s a week in order to maintain her weight loss AND yes ladies, she is eating grains. Definitely check the fast metabolism website for more info.
I have run into a number of women, usually in the 50-70 year age bracket, who have reported to me that no matter what they do, the only way to maintain their weight loss is to eat constant Phase 3 (low carb) eating and they can never enter Phase 4. On the other hand, I have read some disturbing info recently about how never eating any grain as a woman can damage a woman’s hormone levels and create imbalances, which can in turn affect weight. Feels like a catch 22! So definitely might be worth checking out this Fast Metabolism Diet as a possible means of healing.
Her Advice to Other hCGers
– Trying not to focus on time (what day am I on? Oh man, I have 20 days left still!) – time went faster when she stayed away from this.
– Make sure you’re prepared mentally BEFORE you start- that you’re really going to do this and stick it out.
– Some experience hair loss- in her ebook she has some tips (you can find on her site livearadiantlife.com) on what effectively worked for her.
Full transcript of our interview coming soon! Lots of goodies in the actual interview!
Needing Support? Motivation?
I can help you stay on track.
- pep talks by yours truly
Join hcgChica's Email TribeYup, I want this!