Tammy Skye has 2 very popular hCG diet cookbooks out for Phase 2.
You can find the cookbooks on her hCG recipes website here.
Or you can purchase them on Amazon here:
Her first volume, includes over 200 recipes, and her 2nd volume another 150 recipes.
Some are simple, and some are more complex. I love this to be quite honest because we are not usually SO limited when it comes to cooking with so few options for ingredients, so it can be really hard to come up with any ideas.
Many of the simpler recipes in the books are quite honestly ideas I’ve never thought of. Things like freezing grapefruit slices with stevia on them. Nope. I have NEVER thought about freezing grapefruit slices.
Some of her more complex recipes combine the Phase 2 foods in very creative ways that again, I’ve never thought of. A good example:
The Cold Chicken Curried Salad. It combines chicken with apple, cucumber, onion, and stevia! Along with some other spices for the “curry” part. But seriously I would never have considered combining these main ingredients, it sounds downright ODD to me but guess what? It’s DELICIOUS!! I mean, I made this recipe for the first time just in regular life, not on hCG, simply to make a recipe video for you guys, and I STILL thought it was delicious- I ate it for lunch that day and actually wondered to myself how I’d been living my life without this dish for so many years.
Here is that recipe free for you as a gift from Tammy Skye:
Cold Curried Chicken Salad
From volume 1 of the Gourmet hCG Diet Cookbook, page. 21
- 100 grams chicken, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1.5 cups celery, diced (optional) hcgchica note: I think you should add it, it’s TOTALLY yummy- gives it this awesome crunch and makes it a larger serving.
- 1/4 cup water (you may need a little more depending on the level of heat in your pan)
- 2 TBS. Lemon Juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 TBS. Finely minced onion
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/4 TSP. Curry Powder or to taste (I often put more hehe)
- Dash of the following:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cayenne powder
- Cinnamon (oh yes, don’t skip this!)
- Stevia to taste (oh yes, don’t skip this!)
In a small saucepan, lightly saute chicken in lemon juice until lightly brown. Add 1/4 cup water and spices. Stir well and simmer over low heat until liquid reduces to form a sauce and chicken is cooked well (this doesn’t take long at all if you diced the chicken small). Add water as needed to create the consistency you want. Chill, add chopped apple and celery, or omit the celery and serve over a green salad.
A Few More P2 Recipes from Tammy Skye’s Cookbooks
Frozen Grapefruit Spears
From Volume 1 of the Gourmet hCG Diet Cookbook, page 118
- 1/2 grapefruit in slices or segments
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of lemon zest
- Powdered stevia to taste
Dip grapefruit chunks in lemon juice and coat with Stevia and lemon zest. Freeze until firm and enjoy as an icy treat.
Mint Chocolate Coffee Smoothie
From Volume 1 of the Gourmet hCG Diet Cookbook, page 124
- 6 ounces strong brewed coffee, chilled
- Peppermint Stevia
- Dark Chocolate Stevia or Milk Chocolate Stevia
- 1/4 Teaspoon defatted cocoa powder (Wondercocoa)
- Ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon milk (optional)
Blend ingredients together until smooth. Serve with a mint leaf garnish.
Thai Beef Salad
From Volume 2 of the hCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook, page. 80
- 100 grams lean steak, cut into strips
- 1 medium cucumber, thin sliced
- 2 red onion rings, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon minced Thai Chili (substitute a pinch of red pepper flakes)
- Pinch of fresh cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- Stevia to taste (optional)
Slice and prepare cucumber and onion. Saute lean beef strips with a little salt to desired level of doneness. Remove from heat and assemble the salad. Combine ingredients and toss with aminos, lemon juice, cilantro and spices.
Chicken with Spinach Pesto
From volume 2 of the hCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook, page. 98
- 100 grams chicken breast
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1 cup chicken broth (very important it be msg free – if in doubt, just use water instead)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 7 leaves fresh basil, rolled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small saucepan, cook chicken with 1/2 cup chicken broth until liquid is absorbed and chicken is lightly brown. Set chicken aside and deglaze pan with 1/2 cup chicken broth. Add spinach and fresh basil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Puree spinach with garlic, lemon juice, aminos and spices. Add sauce to chicken, simmer 1-2 minutes and serve.
From Volume 2 of the hCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook, page. 147
- 4 large strawberries (plus 1 for topping)
- 100 grams nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 5 Cheesecake Flavor drops or to taste
- Stevia to taste
Puree strawberries with cottage cheese, milk, Stevia, and Flavor drops. Serve chilled.
Variations: Freeze for frozen treat.
I hope those recipes whet your appetite for what her cookbooks contain!